Let us build the ethical dream ring for the woman of your dreams. It's important to her that the ring she wears for the rest of her life to symbolize your commitment to her, has been ethically made and sourced.
Choose your favourite sapphire
All of the rough sapphires from Montana are alluvial and obtained through placer mining. She'll be happy to know where each stone has been mined and cut, and that the ring was lovingly crafted by hand by skilled artisans in Java.
Now the design...
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on deeper stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Prongs only; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, without any additional support or security.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.6 mm wide.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.2 mm wide.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
We offer 3 styles of embedding the diamond in the band: plain (no accents), dots between the diamonds, and lines between the diamonds, with tiny dots on the corners of each diamond. The embedded diamonds in the band will be set with the lines between the diamonds, unless requested otherwise.
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires, also from Montana, around 2 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your Montana sapphire ring will bemade to order with the Montana sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- MS1 - 0.35 ct small green sapphire from with hints of light blue, to bring out the mermaid in her. Beautiful precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS2 - 0.38 ct small light green sapphire with brown inclusions that look like small needles depending on the angle. High quality precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.8 mm.
- MS3 - 0.34 ct icy mint green sapphire. Fantastic precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 mm.
- MS4 - 0.35 ct pale green sapphire with hints of golden yellow and touches of icy blue. High quality precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.8 mm.
- MS5 - 0.36 ct sparkling light blue sapphire. Amazing precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS6 - 0.36 ct light golden green sapphire, with beautiful silky sparkle. High quality precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 mm.
- MS7 - 0.36 ct white sapphire with light blue dispersed throughout which is magnified by the magnificent cut. Unheated sapphire, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS8 - 0.37 ct striking denim blue with a small darker blue cloud and touches of green. Precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 mm.
- MS9 - 0.38 ct mint green Montana sapphire. Precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS10 - 1.91 ct light blueish green Missouri River sapphire with mermaid vibes. Great size at nearly 2 carats. Some dark inclusions at the girdle and bits of silk. Unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7.6 x 7.6 x 4.6 mm.
- MS11 - 2.27 ct pale green Missouri River sapphire. I love how the inclusions of this huge Montana sapphire almost look like sparkling confetti inside the stone. Unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7.8 x 7.9 x 5.3 mm.
- MS12 - 1.61 ct light yellow sapphire with bits of blue, an intriguing stone! Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7.2 x 7.2 x 4.1 mm.
- MS13 - 1.28 ct mermaid sapphire, greenish blue with sparkling rainbow inclusions. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7 x 7 x 3.4 mm.
- MS14 - 1.45 ct pale golden blue Montana sapphire with small inclusions. The entire stone is shrouded in a clouded mistiness to it to the point where it has an almost opalescent glow. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7 x 7 x 4.1 mm.
- MS15 - 1.09 ct light blue sapphire from the Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures, measures 6.5 x 6.5 x 3.5 mm.
- MS16 - 1.19 ct magical green sapphire, slightly more forest than mermaid. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.6 x 6.6 x 3.6 mm.
- MS17 - 1.37 ct silky pale yellow sapphire with black inclusions, from the Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.7 x 6.7 x 4.4 mm.
- MS18 - 1.24 ct icy blue, pale green, light yellow... the color seems to change as you change the viewing angle of this stone. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.5 x 6.5 x 3.9 mm.
- MS19 - 1.61 ct heavily included, icy light blue sapphire, imperfect cut could be disguised by a bezel setting. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.9 x 6.9 x 4.4 mm.
- MS20 - 1.03 ct colorwise I'd describe this as an iced pale golden blue, a wonderfully intriguing stone with a cloudy inclusions off center. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.4 x 6.4 x 3.6 mm.
- MS21 - 0.99 ct (sold)
- MS22 - 0.96 ct a cloudy and silky light blue sapphire with warm yellow patches. Mined around the Montana Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.1 x 6.1 x 3.6 mm.
- MS23 - 1.13 ct icy blue with warm golden yellow inclusions that a gold setting would bring out so well. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.2 x 6.2 x 4 mm.
- MS24 - 0.87 ct light blue Montana sapphire, you won't regret this marvelous stone! Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6 x 6 x 3.3 mm.
- MS25 - 0.86 ct light blue sapphire, some silky streaks in the best of ways. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 5.6 x 5.6 x 3.7 mm.
- MS26 - 0.78 ct pale blue sapphire with interesting inclusions. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 5.9 x 5.9 x 3 mm.
- MS27 - 0.57 ct pale green sapphire with some honey yellow visible only at some angles, and a well defined black pepper inclusion. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 4.9 x 5.7 x 2.6 mm.
- MS28 - 0.43 ct is icy pale yellow a thing? It's like a white sapphire, but with a slightly yellow glow. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures measures 4.7 x 4.7 x 2.6 mm.
- MS29 - 0.54 ct hexagon cut sapphire in a vivid Montana blue. Heated for color. Mined and cut at the Gem Mountain sapphire mine, Montana's oldest sapphire mine. Measures 4.9 x 5.7 x 2.6 mm.
- MS30 - 0.16 ct tiny but mighty octagon cut Montana sapphire, heated. Measures 3.1 x 3.1 x 2.1 mm.
- MS31 - 0.23 ct light yellow and blue hexagon cut sapphire. Vintage Montana stock, heated. Measures 3.6 x 4.1 x 2.2 mm.
- MS32 - 0.23 ct yellow and blue sapphire, that looks a vibrant blueish green because of the dispersion of color. Montana, heated, hexagon cut. Measures 3.4 x 3.8 x 2.2 mm.
- MS33 - 0.22 ct green and blue hexagon cut Montana sapphire. Heated for color. Measures 3.8 x 3.5 x 2.2 mm.
- MS34 - 0.23 ct deep blue and green Montana sapphire with hexagon cut. Heated. Measures 3.6 x 4 x 2.3 mm.
- MS35 - 0.33 ct unique bicolor hexagon sapphire with different shades of blue. Heated. Measures 4.6 x 4.0 x 2.6 mm.
- MS36 - 0.53 ct light green and Montana blue hexagon sapphire. Heated, measures 4.7 x 5.2 x 3 mm.
- MS37 - 0.37 ct yellow hexagon sapphire with some blue around the girdle and a defined black pepper inclusion. Heated. Measures 4.2 x 4.2 x 2.7 mm.
- MS38 - 0.32 ct deep mermaid blue sapphire. Hexagon cut, Montana mined, heated, measures 4 x 4 x 2.5 mm.
- MS39 - 0.34 ct wonderful green octagon sapphire from Montana. Heated, measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.6 mm.
- MS40 - 0.56 ct asscher cut blue Montana sapphire. Heated for color, measures 4.4 x 4.4 x 2.9 mm.
- MS41 - 0.70 ct heavily included icy sapphire from Montana, with some wicked copper colored needles. Heated, measures 5.24 x 5.24 x 3.71 mm.
- MS42 - 1.40 ct octagon cut bicolor Montana sapphire in a soft grayish blue with crazy streaks of golden orange and copper needles. Heated, measures 5.1 x 5.8 x 4.6 mm
The latest addition, unheated:
- MS43 - 1.38 ct, measures 6.82 x 4.92 x 4.23 mm, an opulent flash of yellow dashes through this lush minty sapphire, scissor cut to show of its unique coloring as it glistens on every side under the sun.
- MS44 - 0.42 ct, measures 4.62 x 4.08 x 3.00 mm, a cut of the beach blue sky is frozen just for you in this emerald cut sapphire. A playful sweetheart overflowing with love.
- MS45 - 0.47 ct, measures 4.89 x 3.47 x 3.30 mm, confidence owned, not gained. This blue sapphire understands what it means to be comfortable in its own skin.
MS46 - 0.45 ct, measures 4.94 x 4.08 x 2.73 mm,ice, ice baby. This cool cat is a statement and a half, out to conquer the world.
- MS47 - 0.51 ct, measures 4.11 x 4.04 x 3.42 mm, twinkle and a wink, a mischievous presence that just wants to have fun, and will remind you to just let loose.
- MS48 - 0.44 ct, measures 4.46 x 4.06 x 2.82 mm, this emerald cut sapphire is sweet and soft, like a lazy day spent in a cocoon of blankets and pillows.
- MS49 - 0.48 ct, measures 4.49 x 4.15 x 2.90 mm, a true blue bestie of a sapphire, fiercely loyal and stunning to boot. Perfect for that dream ring you want to wear forever.
- MS50 - 0.54 ct, measures 4.96 x 3.71 x 3.14 mm, sunshine filtered through a calm sea, this light blue sapphire is still waters and serenity.
- MS51 - 0.76 ct, measures 6.10 x 4.30 x 3.80 mm, elegantly flirtatious, this elongated hexagon shaped rose cut cyan Montana sapphire is just oozing with charm. Turning heads 180 degrees will just be another Monday.
- MS52 - 0.68 ct, measures 6.40 x 4.33 x 3.04 mm, a swirl of blue ink in water, this rose cut Montana sapphire is bursting with creativity. With a bubble floating towards the surface. It might be an imperfection, it might be a gem of an idea.
- MS53 - 0.53 ct, measures 6.50 x 3.56 x 2.35 mm, fractured fever dreams are just begging to be put together in this emerald cut Montana sapphire. Brilliantly blue and deliciously dark.
- MS54 - 0.60 ct, measures 6.11 x 3.73 x 2.92 mm, a hexagon cut Montana sapphire that brings on lazy summer memories rolling down grassy slopes, colored like grass stains on your favourite pair of faded jeans.