Let us build your ethical dream ring!
Now the design...
Select your fave sapphire from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your sapphire ring will bemade to order with the white sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
WS-01 – 0.29 ct, measures 3.7 x 3.5 x 2.7 mm, a crystal clear cushion cut white sapphire that stuns with the way it twinkles and twirls in the light. Elevate with corner prongs and frame its brilliance. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-02 – 0.45 ct, measures 4.8 x 4.8 x 2.8 mm, a cool toned round cut sapphire that knows how to sashay and sway, a sensual sweetheart who loves and celebrates its femininity. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-03 – 0.49 ct, measures 4.7 x 4.7 x 2.8 mm, luscious warm tones sweep through this round cut sapphire. Embrace its chilled out, mellow charms with a yellow gold band and a bezel setting. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-04 – 0.54 ct, measures 4.7 x 4.7 x 3.2 mm, lavender tinted to chase away those darker days, this round cut sapphire will be your hidden core of strength to support you. A reliable companion though tumultuous times. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-05 – 0.55 ct, measures 5 x 4.2 x 2.9 mm, a cushion cut sapphire that shines brilliantly, this extroverted enigma demands colorful companions. Pair it with Yogo sapphires to really emphasize unbridled gaiety. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-06 – 0.56 ct, measures 5.8 x 4.7 x 2.4 mm, an regal oval cut clear sapphire, that knows how to do the royal wave. Pepper a rose gold band with diamonds to give it the entourage it clearly demands. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-07 – 0.57 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 2.9 mm, tinted with an icy blue, this round cut sapphire is devastatingly beautiful. But don't be fooled, its frosty exterior hides a loyal heart. Pair it with a white gold band and salt and pepper diamonds to really play to its chic side. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-08 – 0.57 ct, measures 4.6 x 4.6 x 3.1 mm, a brilliant white cushion cut sapphire that twinkles. This playful darling knows there's always time for a pun and a quick giggle. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-09 – 0.58 ct, measures 4.3 x 4.3 x 3.5 mm, a lovely radiant cut sapphire that is almost all the way clear, with a slight discoloration in one corner. Pair it with some salt and pepper diamonds to bring out its quirky side. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-10 – 0.73 ct, measures 5.9 x 4.4 x 3.5 mm, a teardrop frozen in time, this icy blue sapphire embraces life fully and wholeheartedly. Celebrating the joys and sadness, and every shade of emotion in between. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
WS-11 – 0.80 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 3.7 mm, a cloudy cushion cut sapphires that forecasts a future of growth, and an abundance of knowledge earned. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.