A diamond is fearless. It’s strong, amplified by integrity and intention, and vibrates with our crown chakra, so you know it’s the real deal. It’s a crazy powerful stone that enhances inner vision. It brings purity, and clear positive resolution of issues that niggle at our soul, especially after realizing and admitting that our perception, expectation or approach may have been wrong.
Now the design...
Choose a diamond that speaks to you and let's get started!
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the diamond
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
The diamond can be positioned with the angles facing up (North to South) or sideways (East to West).
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold diamond ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom diamond ring will bemade to order with the hexagon diamond of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- BHEX1 - 0.45 ct hexagon diamond, measures 3.44 x 6.03 x 2.79 mm. Indonesian origin: mined and cut in South Kalimantan.
- BHEX2 - 0.84 ct hexagon shield diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as very light greenish yellow, slightly included (SI2), measures 7.0 x 4.22 x 3.58 mm, good cut and comes with a certificate from the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. This local gem lab is women-owned.
- BHEX3 - 0.70 ct hexagon shield diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow (L), slightly included (SI1), measures 7.75 x 4.84 x 2.36 mm and good cut. Comes with a Lembaga Pengembangan Sertifikasi Batu Mulia (LPSB, which is the local government laboratory) lab certificate by a GIA graduated gemologist.
- BHEX4 - 0.54 ct hexagon diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as fancy deep orange brown, slightly included (SI2), measures 5.35 x 5.19 x 3.06 mm, good cut and comes with a Lembaga Pengembangan Sertifikasi Batu Mulia (LPSB, which is the local government laboratory) lab certificate by a GIA graduated gemologist.
- BHEX5 - 0.55 ct hexagon diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as near colourless (J), slightly included (SI2), measures 4.79 x 4.54 x 2.97 mm and comes with a Lembaga Pengembangan Sertifikasi Batu Mulia (LPSB, which is the local government laboratory) lab certificate by a GIA graduated gemologist.
- BHEX6 - 0.55 ct hexagon shield diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as light yellowish brown color, included (I1) and coot cut. Measures 5.81 x. 3.94 x 2.75 mm and comes with a Lembaga Pengembangan Sertifikasi Batu Mulia (LPSB, which is the local government laboratory) lab certificate by a GIA graduated gemologist.
- BHEX7 - 1.26 ct Measures 8.89 x 7.88 x 2.04 mm
Is this an alternative engagement ring? Ask us to keep the exact measurements of your stone, so we can make a nested wedding band that fits perfectly around your ring.