This is your chance to design your own ethical natural diamond engagement ring. Canadian, Australian or Indonesian diamond - the choice is yours.
Now the design...
Choose a diamond that speaks to you and let's get started!
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the diamond
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
The diamond can be positioned vertically (North to South) or horizontally (East to West).
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold diamond ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom diamond ring will bemade to order with the oval, radiant or rectangular diamond of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- BRR1 - 0.54 ct oval cut diamond from South Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo. Fancy dark brown diamond graded as Included (I2), measures 5.56 x 4.39. x 2.76 mm and comes with a certificate from the government owned LPSB lab. Stopped smoke, sensual and sultry. Swirling patterns arise if you stare long enough into this densely patterned salt and pepper diamond.
BRR2 - 0.40 ct cushion cut white diamond, measures 4.42 x 4.06 x 2.73 mm. Mined in Canada. Laser inscribed with maple leaf and comes with certificate of origin. This diamond just seems to glow. Small dark grey inclusion. Stunning clarity, like a sparkling creek under the glare of the midday sun. Go wild, add some embedded diamonds on the band to create the illusion of water drops and enhance this water sprite's magic.
- BRR3 - 0.35 ct cushion cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow color (M), slightly included (SI1) measures 4.74 x 4.64 x 2.06 mm and comes with a certificate from the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. A fresh sorbet on a summer day, sliding down refreshingly down parched throats. An attention gathering stunner who wows just by existing.
- BRR4 - 0.10 ct emerald cut champagne diamond from Australia, measures 2.8 x 2.0 x 1.6 mm. Laser inscribed and comes with certificate of origin. Sweetness and light, this diamond is an uassuming companion that wants to use its light to shine attention on you. A truly considerate sweetheart that wants to be hugged close in a bezel setting.
- BRR5 - 0.64 ct modified rectangular cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow color (M), slightly included (SI2), measures 5.59 x 4.41 x 2.92 and comes with a certificate from the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory (SKGL). There's a surface reaching inclusions on the edge of the table of the diamond, so you're getting a fantastic price for this one. A wink, a smile, a come-hither slow turn. A flirt of the highest level. Confident and carefree, this diamond is smooth as butter, with charming freckles. Pair with a rose gold band for a show stopper ring.
- BRR6 - 0.94 ct princess cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow color (K), slightly included (SI2), measures 5.56 x 5.14. x 4.20 mm. and comes with a certificate from the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. Bring out the red carpet, and don't skimp on the glam. This diamond likes luxury, but loves to share the limelight. Pair with a yellow gold band, it doesn't need much else to shine.
- BRR7 - 0.50 ct rectangular cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow color (M), slightly included (SI2), measures 4.79 x 4.08 x 3.11 mm and comes with a certificate from the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. A dancing deity who refuses to move without rhythm, this diamond is elegance and grace. Wrap it in a sweet rose gold band to celebrate its passion.
- BRR8 - 0.55 ct rectangular cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow color (L), included (I1), measures 5.44 x 4.66 x 2.58 ct and comes with a certificate from the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. Darkness is this diamond's best friend. Finding the soft places that isn't scary, and befriending mosters who turn out to be awesome. Perfect for kind hearted soul who truly understands what it means to understand.
- BRR9 - 0.70 ct princess cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as fancy greenish yellow color, slightly included (SI2), measures 5.58 x 4.11 x 3.84 mm and comes with a LPSB lab certificate. When you tango with a professional, you have to know when to turn and twist. This dancing devil will keep you on your toes, throwing sparks and glitter in every direction, reflecting light like no other.
- BRR10 - 0.58 ct step cut square diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as very light yellow color (O-P), slightly included (SI2), measures 4.50 x 4.18 x 3.33 mm and comes with a LPSB lab certificate.
- BRR11 - 0.67 ct radiant cut diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as fancy deep orange brown color, slightly included (SI2), measures 5.28 x. 4.65 x 3.18 mm and comes with a LPSB lab certificate. Rich and lush in color, majesty defined and brought to life. This diamond luxuriates in in deep hues and would welcome a warm rose gold band.
- BRR14 - 0.50 ct, measures 4.01 x 3.98 x 3.32 mm
- BRR15 - 0.50 ct, measures 4.51 x 4.33 x 3.27 mm
- BRR16 - 0.53 ct, measures 5.52 x 4.23 x 3.10 mm
The diamonds in this collection come with a diamond certificate, diamond memo or a certificate of origin. The diamond memo is less complete, and issued for the smaller diamonds of lower value. This diamond certificate may by the LPSB lab certificate, which is a government lab, or by the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. This is a women-owned gem lab. Both labs employ GIA Graduate Gemologists.
Is this for an engagement ring? Ask us about wedding band options, or to keep the exact measurements of your stone, so we can make a nested wedding band that fits perfectly around your ring.