Let us build your ethical dream ring!
Now the design...
Select your fave spinel from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the spinel, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on deeper stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped spinel, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, also called D shaped. This shank is flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide.
- Round band. This shank tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary engraving up to 3 words on the inside of your gold spinel ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom spinel ring will bemade to order with spinel of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- SPI01 - 0.63 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 3.2 mm, a light wash of lavender tints this octagon cut spinel. The classic cut allows the gem to shine and sparkle, as if it emits light.
- SPI02 - 0.95 ct, measures 5.80 x 3.76 mm, a decadent rose champagne spinel, cut in the classic cushion style to highlight its delicate nature.
- SPI03 - 0.82 ct, measures 6.70 x 5.11 x 3.21 mm, a subtle periwinkle twinkle lights up this oval cut spinel that is perfect for a magical ring.
- SPI04 - 0.80 ct, measures 6.45 x 5.13 x 3.40 mm, a noticeable lavender tint gives this oval cut spinel a sweet look.
- SPI05 - 0.66 ct, measures 5.00 x 3.43 mm, this octagon cut light steel spinel glints with strength and resilience. A classy everyday choice.
- SPI06 - 0.65 ct, measures 5.00 x 3.41 mm, fresh pink lemonade sparkles through this octagon cut spinel, pair it with a prong setting for a playful ring.
- SPI07 - 0.64 ct, measures 4.94 x 3.47 mm, this octagon cut spinel emits elegance with its regal periwinkle tint, a subtle nod to royals of old.
- SPI08 - 0.43 ct, measures 4.78 x 2.87 mm, a light rose blush adorns this octagon cut spinel, giving it a delicate feel despite its brilliant sparkle.
- SPI09 - 0.69 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 3.5 mm, an octagon cut spinel with a gorgeous lavender color which gives off a joyful shine.
- SPI10 - 0.74 ct, measures 5.93 x 4.74 x 3.30 mm, a rectangular cushion cut lends this light steel spinel a majestic air, perfect for a show stopping ring.
- SPI11 - 0.67 ct, measures 5.00 x 3.43 mm, a blossoming french rose color adorns this brilliant cut spinel, a delicate bloom that is ready to decorate a dainty ring.
- SPI12 - 0.90 ct, measures 6.45 x 5.31 x 3.43 mm, a clear, dusky spinel that is in between lavender and a light wild rose, shaped in a cushion cut to show off its glow
- SPI13 - 0.81 ct, measures 6.4 x 4.3 x 3.3 mm, this scissor cut is a classic look, but an air of mystery clouds this spinel due to its dusky amethyst color.
- SPI14 - 0.71 ct, measures 7.1 x 4 x 2.5 mm, a long rectangular, scissor cut spinel with a dark color that borders on eggplant, this stone will make a bold ring.
- SPI15 - 0.77 ct, measures 7.5 x 4.1 x 2.7 mm, a sweet mauve scissor cut spinel that aspires to be more steel in color, perfect for a ring to remind you of your goals.
- SPI16 - 0.93 ct, measures 7.7 x 4.6 x 3 mm, a tapered scissor cut makes this amethyst colored spinel a fun, quirky stone that will suit a personality to match it.
- SPI17 - 0.85 ct, measures 5.5 x 4.9 x 3.6 mm, a darker amethyst colored spinel in a rectangular scissor cut that is magnificent and majestic.
- SPI18 - 0.89 ct, measures 5.8 x 4.8 x 3.6 mm, a scissor cut spinel, that boasts it darker amethyst color proudly, and demands to be crowned with a prong setting.
- SPI19 - 1.07 ct, measures 7.3 x 4.8 x 3.4 mm, one of the largest spinels in the collection, this dark amethyst colored scissor cut attracts the right kind of attention.
- SPI20 - 0.61 ct, measures 5.7 x 4 x 2.7 mm, a purple tinted steel colored spinel that is in a rectangular cushion cut, this stone emits a subtle elegance.
- SPI21 - 0.88 ct, measures 7.6 x 3.9 x 3.3 mm, a long scissor cut magenta spinel that will make a dainty ring.
- SPI22 - 1.03 ct, measures 5.8 x 5.8 x 4.3 mm, a bright iris spinel in a brilliant cut, its subtle tones allows it to share the limelight when stacked with other rings.
- SPI24 - 0.65 ct, measures 6.9 x 3.9 x 2.5 mm, smooth and cool, this indigo tinted spinel exudes confidence and charm.
- SPI25 - 0.91 ct, measures 5.8 x 5.8 x 3.7 mm, a blue tinted steel colored spinel in an octagon cut, that is magnificently bold.
- SPI26 - 0.92 ct, measures 5.8 x 5.8 x 3.5 mm, a clear midnight blue that leaves you breathless, this brilliant cut spinel will bring the peace of a quiet night.
- SPI27 - 0.87 ct, measures 5.6 x 5.6 x 3.4 mm, a bright punch pink that calls for attention, this brilliant cut spinel sparkles with life.
- SPI28 - 0.91 ct, measures 5.7 x 5.7 x 3.7 mm, a light amethyst colored brilliant cut spinel that looks elegant and classic and will suit everything in your wardrobe.
- SPI29 - 0.89 ct, measures 6.1 x 6.4 x 3.4 mm, a light violet color in a trillion cut that we don’t have a lot of! A gorgeous spinel that will thrive in both a prong or bezel setting.
- SPI30 - 0.99 ct, measures 6.4 x 6.4 x 3.4 mm, a darker shade of amethyst graces this brilliant cut sp