There's no shortage of possibilities. This is your chance to design your own natural pear diamond engagement ring or self love ring.
Now the design...
Choose a diamond that speaks to you and let's get started!
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the diamond
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
We can use four prongs or a five-prong setting for bigger diamonds, with four regular prongs (two on the bottom, two on the side) and one U shaped prong at the very top.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
Your pear diamond can be set up with the belly and angle facing up (vertically or north-south) or sideways (horizontally or east-west).
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold diamond ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom diamond ring will bemade to order with the pear diamond of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- BP1 - 1.02 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow (M), slightly included (SI2), measures 7.40 x 5.31 x 3.39 mm, good cut. Lightly freckled and slightly mischievous, this diamond will twinkle at you and take you on adventures. Perfect for a free spirit who is ready to fly.
- BP2 - 0.47 ct marquise pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow (M), slightly included (SI2), measures 5.99 x 4.38 x 2.55 mm, good cut. Softly rounded, and soft spoken. A demure lady who should not be underestimated. The way she glistens and glitters hints at a fearless nature.
- BP3 - 0.55 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow (K), slightly included (SI2), measures 6.19 x 4.26 x 3.11 mm and comes with a LPSB lab certificate by a GIA graduated gemologist. Heartachingly brilliant and blazingly intense, this diamond seeks a partner who is a bold and beautiful as she is.
- BP4 - 0.51 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint dark yellow, included (I2), measures 5.55 x 4.55 x. 3.01 mm. Classy with a capital C, and not afraid to let you know to mind your Ps and Qs. A lady who can still be coaxed to let her hair down - if you're the right partner.
- BP5 - 0.78 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow (L), slightly included (SI2), measures 6.95 x 5.36 x 2.86 mm, good cut. A daytime diamond, that wants sunlight and afternoons cloud watching. A carefree soul in need of a sweet heart to take her home.
- BP6 - 0.70 ct pear diamondfrom Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as fancy brown, slightly included (SI2), measures 6.82 x. 4.78 x 3.53 mm. All angled and sharp edges, this diamond is by no means timid or soft. But she's a tender soul at heart, and fiercely loyal.
- BP 7- 0.52 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as very light greenish yellow (N), slightly included (SI2), measures 5.34 x 4.88 x 2.88 mm. A pear drop morphing slowly into a circle. For the relaxed soul who can appreciate weekends spent on comfy sofas and chats over endless cups of tea.
- BP8 - 0.20 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint yellow (M), slightly included (SI1), measures 4.63 x 3.79 x 1.49 mm, good cut. Crystal clear in presence and in intent, this diamond is perfect for a strong, assertive soul. Someone who wrangles dreams and turns them into reality.
- BP9 - 0.14 ct pear diamond from Borneo, Indonesia. Graded as faint brown, slightly included (SI1), measures 3.66 x 3.20 x 1.69 mm, good cut. This diamond is delicate and sweet, but should not by any means be overlooked. This loyal companion is a steady rock of strength and compassion. A quiet type that nonetheless blazes fiercely.
- BP10 - 0.36 ct, measures 6.4 x 3.4 x 2.4 mm
- BP11 - 0.67 ct, measures 5.9 x 5.8 x 2.3 mm
- BP12 - 0.63 ct, measures 7.3 x 4.6 x 2.7 mm
- BP13 - 1.06 ct, measures 6.6 x 5.7 x 3.7 mm
- BP14 - 1.01 ct, measures 7.1 x 5.2 x 3.7 mm
- BP15 - 1.28 ct, measures 8.0 x 5.2 x 3.8 mm
The diamonds in this collection come with a gem lab certificate or memo. The diamond memo is less complete, and issued for the smaller diamonds of lower value. This diamond certificate may by the LPSB lab certificate, which is a government lab, or by the South Kalimantan Gem Laboratory. This is a women-owned gem lab. Both labs employ GIA Graduate Gemologists.
Is this an alternative engagement ring? Ask us to keep the exact measurements of your stone, so we can make a nested wedding band that fits perfectly around your ring.