Let us help you design and build an ethical sapphire ring for the woman of your dreams. If you are reading this, it probably means that it's important to both of you that the symbol of love and commitment she carries for the rest of her life has been ethically made and sourced. Your ring will be lovingly handcrafted by skilled artisans in Java, Indonesia.
Now the design...
Select your fave citrine from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom sapphire ring will bemade to order with the green sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
GRS-09 – 0.82 ct, measures 5.34 x 5.34 x 3.78 mm, a round cut untreated sapphire that toes the lines between green and yellow. Dancing in between in playful twirls. Bring out its warmer tones and shine a spotlight on this entrancing performer with a yellow gold band. Mined in the Songea region in Tanzania.
GRS-10 – 1.03 ct, measures 6.9 x 5.2 x 3.3 mm, an inquisitive glass colored oval cut sapphire. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka. A splash of pepper can be found nestled in one of its curves. Encourage it to embrace its chic side with salt and pepper diamonds and a white gold band.
- GRS-11 – 0.47 ct, measures 4.2 x 3 mm, a VS round cut, natural yellow and greenish-blue sapphire, from Australia that has been heated. This delicate mossy sapphire gives a sweet, subtle twinkle that will make you coo. Add on small diamonds in the band to bring out its shine.
- GRS-12 – 0.53 ct, measures 6.2 x 4 mm, a pear cut, natural yellowish green sapphire, hailing from Tanzania that has been heated. A clear light moss, that lives between the edge of spring and summer. Perfect for a dainty ethical gold ring.
- GRS-13 – 0.62 ct, measures 6 x 3.8 mm, a pear cut, natural and unheated green sapphire from Songea, Tanzania. Sweet and dainty, like a darling little bud ready to sprout into something wonderful. Add on some peachy spinels for a perfect spring day.
- GRS14 – 1.09 ct, measures 6.5 x 6 mm, an irregular hexagon cut, natural greenish-purple sapphire from Tanzania, unheated and untreated. Watch the way the colors shift sinuously under the caress of light. A sensuous and seductive sapphire.
- GRS-15 – 1.14 ct, measures 7.5 x 6 mm, VS clarity pentagon cut natural greenish-blue sapphire from Tanzania that is unheated. A stunning shade of gorgeous, deep enough to dazzle but light enough as to not overwhelm. A unique centerpiece for an ethical dream ring.
- GRS-16 – 1.08 ct double corner cut triangle sapphire from Tanzania, measures 6.6 x 6.2 mm. Irregular hexagon cut sapphire, a natural greenish-purple color, unheated and untreated. A mellow, dusky shade. Pair with embedded salt and pepper diamonds for an elegant but quirky ring.
- GRS-17 – 1.01 ct, measures 8.2 x 5 mm, a VS pear cut natural bluish-green sapphire from Tanzania, both unheated and untreated. A lovely moody stone that hints at a rich story you need to coax out. Pair it with salt and pepper diamonds in the band for a ring that’s not afraid of the dark.
- GRS-18 – 1.14 ct, measures 8 x 5 x 2.7 mm, a quirky VC fancy cut natural tricolor sapphire from Tanzania. Cut in Bangkok. A coffin-esque cut that flashes purple, green, and yellow depending on how the light hits it. Some cool zoning too. A mystery to be solved by the adventurous soul who will take it home.
- GRS-19 – 1.06 ct VVS clarity pentagon cut natural unheated greenish-blue sapphire, measures 10.5 x 5.5 mm. Mined in Tanzania, cut in Bangkok. Sharp and stunning, resembling the head of a spear. The perfect stone for a bespoke gold sapphire ring that’s fit for a warrior.
- GRS-20 – 1.96 ct, measures 8.5 x 6.3 mm, asymetric pear cut natural unheated greenish blue sapphire from Madagascar. A clear light mossy color that’s streaked with forest green in the middle. Cool and clear zoning patterns. Pair with white diamonds in the band for a Secret Garden vibe ring. A fitting stone for literature lovers.
- GRS-21 – 1.76 ct, measures 6.5 x 6.3 4.8 mm, a generously curved bottom makes this round sapphire from Tanzania look extra stunning. A late summer shade of green that’s ready to find out what colors the coming months will bring to it.
- GRS-22 – 1.29 ct, measures 6.3 x 5.8 x 4 mm, a heart-stopping VVS oval cut natural yellowish-green heated sapphire that steps over the line from daylight into the night. A lush, dark shade of moss green, rich with the smell of petrichor.
- GRS-23 – 1.15 ct, measures 7.4 x 5 mm, a spring fresh, a bright VS pear cut natural heated green sapphire. Fresh and citrusy, like your favorite memory of summer. Pair it with a peach-colored spinel for a gorgeous sun-loving ring.
- GRS-24 – 1.04 ct, measures 8.2 x 6.5 mm, a very special VVS pentagon cut sapphire with stunning clarity. Natural greenish-blue and unheated, hailing from Tanzania and cut in Bangkok. Resembling a cartoon diamond in its shape, celebrate its cheeky nature with embedded diamonds in the band.
- GRS-25 – 2.44 ct, measures 8.1 x 4.5, a regal grey tinged moss-colored oval cut sapphire, unheated from Songea, Tanzania. Cut in Bangkok.Somber and wise, and ready to anchor you in its wisdom. Some cool black inclusions.
- GRS-26 – 1.65 ct, measures 9 x 6.2 x 3.5 mm, a soft, dusky pear cut sapphire from Songea, Tanzania. Cut in Bangkok. Unheated and color shifting, this softly mossy colored sapphire appears purple-tinted under certain light. A perfect companion for a chameleon who has a thousand smiles to greet the world.
- GRS27 - 0.94 ct square barion cut sapphire. This sapphire was mined in 1987 at the Eldorado Bar Mine in Helena, Montana, USA, and cut in the USA by Renato Rossi. It's SI1 clarity (think obvious inclusions) and untreated. The color is a very pale tealish green - a little deeper and more green than in the photos. I'd love to see this sapphire set with prongs at the corners, in our signature ethical yellow gold. Measures 5 x 5 x 4 mm.
- GRS28 - 0.60 ct round brilliant cut sapphire. This sapphire was mined in 1987 at the Eldorado Bar Mine in Helena, Montana, USA, and cut in the USA by Renato Rossi. Eye clean and untreated. A beautiful soft green sapphire, like a light blueish green, with color shift, depending on the light source. So the color is much more green than in the photos. Measures 5 x 3.1 mm.
- GRS29 - 0.98 ct round brilliant cut sapphire with a very light green color and some vibrant yellow sparkles. Color is a little more intense than in the photos. This sapphire was mined in 1987 at the Eldorado Bar Mine in Helena, Montana, USA, and cut in the USA by Renato Rossi. It's SI2 clarity (visible inclusions) and untreated. It features a high table. Would look amazing in any metal. Measures 5.6 x 4 mm.
- GRS30 - 0.89 ct greenish blue sapphire with a funky geo cut from Australia, heated, measures 6.5 x 4.5 mm. It has a subtle green color with some blue and cloud-like ripples, depending on the light you can see banded crystal formations inside the stone. She's a true one of a kind.
- GR31 - 0.49 ct blue-green sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 6.5 x 3.3 mm. Heavenly in the most serene shades of pale green and porcelain blue with a hint of milky white.
GRS32 - 0.58 ct cushion cut greenish blue tricolor sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 5.6 x 4 mm. Sea glass shades decorate this clear and cool toned sapphire.
- GRS33 - 0.67 ct blueish green oval sapphire from Australia, unheated, measures 6 x 4 2 2.4 mm. A very pale green to baby blue sapphire with hints of golden yellow and silky shades running through.
- GRS34 - 0.73 ct blueish green oval sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 6 x 4.7 mm. A gorgeous gem that's a little more mermaid on one end and a little more forest green in the other.
- GRS35 - 0.79 ct blueish green oval sapphire from Australia, unheated, 6 x 4.7 mm. A magical mermaid-like sapphire that seems to be plucked from the seas and skies, capturing multiple shades of blue and green.
- GRS36 - 0.95 ct light blueish green oval sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 5.5 x 4.8 mm. A subtle stunner with hints of soft blue underlining the more vibrant green.
- GRS37 - 0.61 ct blueish green oval sapphire from Thailand, measures 6 x 4 mm. A magical sapphire with color that's somewhere in between forest green and inky blue.
- GRS38 - 1.41 ct blueish green oval sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 7.2 x 5.3 x 3.8 mm. Mint green, mermaid blue, light yellow... the color seems to change as you change the viewing angle of this stone.
- GRS39 - 2.23 ct greenish blue pear sapphire from Australia, unheated, measures 9.4 x 6.5 mm. All lush and forest colors come together in this mystical sapphire. It jumps with vivid, rich and deep fern green and blue glints, as delicious as any blue can be.
- GRS 40 - 3.37 ct blue-green pear sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 12.6 x 9 mm. A gorgeous play of green and blue colors and streaks inside. Like the magic of the deep sea was hidden inside this magnificent and majestic sapphire. As the largest stone in this collection, it has as awesome finger coverage and is a statement piece that will spark conversation and curiosity.