A made to order diamond engagement ring, shield cut for those protective vibes with a diamond that's a spectacular blend of dreamy translucence, cloudy inclusions and black pepper sprinkles.
Now the design...
Choose a diamond that speaks to you and let's get started!
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the diamond
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone.
- Basket prongs. A basket setting is a type of prong setting, but with a little difference when viewed from the side or profile. The prongs will rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone is set.
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance.
The shield diamond can be positioned pointing up or sideways.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold diamond ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom diamond ring will bemade to order with the shield diamond of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- S1 - 0.61 ct chubby platinum diamond, beautiful opalescent glow with some inclusions, measures 5.0 x 6.0 x 3.3 mm
- S2 - 0.96 ct dramatic salt and pepper diamond, measures 6.5 x 9.1 x 2.6 mm
- S3 - 1.22 ct cloudy grey salt and pepper diamond, measures 6.1 x 9.8 mm x 3.0 mm
- S4 - 0.47 ct clear salt and pepper shield cut diamond, measures 6.3 x 6.0 x 2.2 mm
- S5 - 0.45 ct grey shield diamond with icy inclusions. Low profile, asymmetric cut. Measures 6.5 x 5.4 x 1.8 mm.
- S6 - 0.28 ct clear salt and pepper diamond, measures 5 x 6 mm
- S7 - 0.69 ct grey glowing diamond, elongated shield cut, small surface imperfection just south of the middle, measures 7.8 x 4 x 2.6 mm
- S8 - 0.62 ct translucent grey diamond, pentagon cut, measures 6.9 x 4.7 x 1.9 mm
- S9 - 0.53 ct pale salt and pepper diamond, wide shield cut, measures 7.23 x 3.93 x 1.65 mm, the low profile rose cut gives this diamond good finger coverage considering this is only just over half a carat
S10 - 0.27 ct pale champagne shield cut diamond, nice clarity and finger coverage at this price! Measures 6.1 x 4.2 x 1.3 mm
S11 - 0.28 ct dark salt and pepper diamond with an elongated shield cut, something very intriguing about this stone, measures 7.6 x 5.2 x 1.4 mm
- S12 - 0.92 ct cognac brown and fiery red diamond, small surface imperfections, measures 6.43 x 7.99 x 2.45 mm
- S13 - 0.25 ct teeny salt and pepper pentagon cut diamond, measures 4.2 x 3.9 mm
- S14 - 0.35 ct salt and pepper diamond with clearly defined black inclusions that provide a stark contrast to the clarity, measures 4.9 x 5.2 mm
- S15 - 0.45 ct moody salt and pepper diamond with a nice cut, measures 5.4 x 5.0 mm
- S16 - 0.55 ct dark salt and pepper diamond, measures 4.4 x 5.0 x 2.8 mm
- S17 - 0.55 ct this diamond looks like it's raining hail inside, I love the elongated pointy top, measures 5.4 x 7.0 mm
- S18 - 0.59 ct dark pentagon diamond, moody and chubby, measures 5.1 x 5 x 3.5 mm
- S19 - 0.66 ct included grey pentagon shield cut diamond, measures 4.9 x 5.1 mm
- S20 - 0.66 ct salt and pepper diamond where triangle shape meets pentagon meets shield, measures 7.1 x 6.1 mm
- S21 - 0.66 ct nice coverage with this natural black shield diamond with lots of protective vibes, recommend a bezel setting as there are some chips on the left side, measures 5.7 x 7.7 mm
- S22 - 0.76 ct dark tangled mess of veined inclusions, measures 5.9 x 6.9 mm
- S23 - 1.22 ct this shield cut diamond has a lot of stories to tell, measures 6.8 x 8.4 x 2.9 mm
- S24 - 0.98 ct drool-worthy grey salt and pepper diamond, measures 8.6 x 6.4 x 2.8 mm
- S25 - 0.87 ct grey salt and pepper shield cut diamond with black inclusions, measures 8.3 x 5.8 x 2.3 mm
- S26 - 1.35 ct dark salt and pepper shield cut hexagon diamond, measures 9.1 x 7.4 x 2.8 mm
- S27 - 0.53 ct sparkling light grey salt and pepper diamond, very thin so gives a lot of finger coverage for half a carat! Internal flaws, measures 9.6 x 6.7 x 1.3 mm
- S28 - 0.53 ct, sister to S27 would make for a nice set of rings if you're looking to both get matching (engagement) rings, measures 9.8 x 6.5 x 1.5 mm
- S29 - 0.36 small but mighty shield with nice clarity. The black inclusions circling in the center make this an epic stone. Measures 6 x 5.4 x 1.8 mm
- S30 - 0.83 ct protective shield cut with nice clarity and dark grey inclusions, measures 7.0 x 7.8 mm
- S31- 0.97 ct an asymmetric cut where opaque black meets galaxy diamond, what more could you want? Measures 5.7 x 8.4 mm
- S32 - 0.44 ct, measures 5.8 x 5.4 x 2 mm
- S33 - 0.53 ct grey pentagon shaped rose cut diamond, measures 4.3 x 5.4 x 2.4 mm. Comes with a Canadian certificate of origin.
- S34 - 0.80 ct shield cut green diamond, measures 7.4 x 6 x 2.5 mm
- S35 - 0.41 ct vibrant yellow pentagon diamond shield, measures 6.1 x 4.6 x 2.3mm
- S36 - 0.65 ct, measures 8.3 x 6.7 x 1.5 mm
- S37 - 0.65 ct, measures 7.2 x 6.2 x 1.7 mm
- S38 - 0.53 ct, measures 6.6 x 6.4 x 1.9 mm
- S39 - 0.48 ct opalescent grey shield diamond. This shimmering, dreamy silver would look good in any metal. Add some sparkling diamonds on the side to highlight its subtle glow. Measures 5.4 x 5.3 x 2.3 mm.
- S40 - 1.56 ct salty grey shield diamond with plenty of surface reaching inclusions and pits. Would make a real statement in a bezel setting. Measures 11.1 x 7.8 x 2.6 mm. Mined in Botswana, cut in India.
- S41 - 1.57 ct grey shield shaped diamond. This pentagon rose cut diamond has plenty of inclusions, both internal and some surface reaching. An icy stone with a shimmering glow. Great finger coverage for this price point. Measures 11.1 x 7.8 x 2.6 mm. Mined in Botswana, cut in India.
- S42 - 1.58 ct, measures 11 x 9.38 x 2.35 mm
- S43 - 1.58 ct, measures 11 x 9.23 x 2.34 mm
The diamonds used in this ring have been purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations resolutions. These diamonds are conflict free, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by the supplier of these diamonds. My supplier guarantees that they are conflict free and mined in accordance with the Kimberley Process.
Wear yours as an alternative engagement ring or a protective self-love ring.