Want a wild and unique shimmering opal piece? We're now offering a selection of opals to build-your-own one of a kind ring or necklace in sterling silver.
Now the design...
Choose your favourite opal and let's get started on a necklace, a ring - or ring set! - that's just soyou. The design of this custom piece is where you come in!
Your ring or necklace will be made to order with your favorite opal in a design of your choice and in your size or length. (Read: we'll make your dream piece.)
The opal can be set vertically (north-south) or horizontally (east-west). We can use a bezel setting with a single or double band and a round (tends to spin more, so not recommended if you have larger knuckles) or half-round band. You can even opt to add another gemstone on one or each side, or to add a nesting band!
- Classic bezel setting with the silver all the way around the opal
- Prong setting - the number and placement of prongs will depend on the opal you select
- Double band bezel setting, with two 1 mm round bands that come together at the back
Additional side stones (for classic bezel or prong only)
- Plain band
- Round red garnet on one side
- Color change garnet on one side
- Round citrine on one side
- Round citrine on both sides
- Freshwater pearl on one side
- Yogo sapphire on one side
Additional nesting band (for classic bezel or prong only)
- No additional band
- Asymmetric garnet nesting band
- Symmetric garnet nesting band
- Asymmetric moonstone nesting band
- Satellite pearl nesting band
- Emerald and garnet nesting band
- Plain curved nesting band
Band shape (for classic bezel or prong only)
- Half round band, also called D shaped. This shank is flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide.
- Round band. A round shank tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide.
- Classic bezel setting with the silver all the way around the opal, hung from a dainty and minimal pendant
- Embrace bezel setting with a silver chain capsuled around for an elegant dangle - the chain hugs the stone without actually touching it. The number of loops will depend on the opal you select.
- Blue leaf-shaped sapphire from Sri Lanka to dangle underneath
- Cultured freshwater pearl dangling at the top or bottom of the opal
- Round red garnet dangling at the top or bottom of the opal
Choose your length
- Length 16" (40.6 cm) - 18" (45.7 cm) - 20" (50.8 cm) - 22" (56 cm) - 24" (61 cm)
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom opal ring or necklace will bemade to order with the opal of your choice inaround 6 to 8 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring or necklace in sterling silver.
Since your jewelry will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- AOS03 - 2.57 ct, measures 13.5 x 10 x 3.1 mm, a perfect pearlescent petal that glimmers yellow and purple.
- AOS11 - 1.13 ct, measures 10.5 x 4.9 x 3.2 mm, a crystal opal with funky shape. A blueish opalescent glow and playful greens.
- AOS24 - 0.61 ct, measures 10 x 4.9 x 2.2 mm, a colorful and milky pinpoint opal
- AOS26 - 0.53 ct, measurements 6,7 x 6,2 x 2 mm, a triangular ivory opal that boasts psychedelic flashes of green and blue, transforming the mundane into something magical.
- AOS43 - 0.69 ct, measures 11.4 x 5.1 x 2 mm, like the fang of a predator from long ago, this elongated opal binds within it a fierceness that you can harness. Dangle it from a dainty chain and pair it with a round garnet to call for the wild within you.
- AOS45 - 0.88 ct, measures 11 x 6 x 2 mm, indigo fire runs through this milky opal. Crown it in a double band bezel setting to focus its energies.
- AOS56 - 1.43 ct, measures 12 x 5.2 x 3.4 mm, a milky obelisk that is strong and sturdy, this opal is ready to support you. Embrace it in a bezel setting to fully frame its magnificence.
- AOS64 - 0.22 ct, measures 6.3 x 3.1 x 1.6 mm, a mirage that teases your closed eyes. This dreamy opal is the one that's been visiting your visions as you slowly drift into deep slumber.
- AOS65 - 0.30 ct, measures 6.5 x 3.4 x 1.9 mm, a rainbow that slowly pushes the dark could away, Pair this hopeful opal with a bezel setting and a nesting band to remind you of better days to come.
- AOS66 - 0.39 ct, measures 6.3 x 4.7 x 1.8 mm, this opal is not the strong and silent type, it knows that sometimes vulnerability is the way to go. A solid chunk of self-care that will encourage you to seek peace. Wear it as a necklace and keep it close to your heart.
- AOS77 - 0.85 ct, measures 8.8 x 7.2 x 2.3 mm, anchored in the present with an understanding of the past, this opal will help you face all the uncertainties that the future will bring. Wear it in a bezel setting to bind it close to you.
- AOS78 - 1.32 ct, measures 9.8 x 6.6 x 2.8 mm, pearlescent creatures that roam the seas, this opal has an affinity with the sea. Wear it as a necklace and strengthen its call to the deep with an opal partner that dangles.
- AOS85 - 1.62 ct, measures 15.0 x 6.1 x 3.1 mm, a surfer floating on the calm seas, this adventurer is resting for the moment. This opal knows the joy and importance of keeping still, and appreciates the anticipation of future waves.
AOS92 - 0.21 ct, measures 7.2 x 3.9 x 1.2 mm. This teardrop deep blue oval looks like a tiny earth shrunk down with its vivid galaxy of colors and earthy marks.
AOS96 - 0.53 ct, measures 7.7 x 5.2 x 2.1 mm. An oval opal that teases a kaleidoscope of geometric flashes in green, dark blue, and purple. One half of it is set against a background of black, the other half semi translucent.
AOS97 - 0.39 ct, measures 8.0 x 5.7 x 1.5 mm. Shades of soft colors layer this frothy white pear opal, with sprays of purple, blue, and green.
AOS100 - 0.25 ct, measures 7.7 x 3.4 x 1.4 mm. An elongated milkyway oval with vivid purple shimmers, interwoven with green swirls and a cloudy edge.
AOS102 - 0.31 ct, measures 7.8 x 3.4 x 1.8 mm. A midnight blue streaks by the middle of this elongated oval, fading into darker tones on the edges.
AOS104 - 0.43 ct, measures 7.8 x 4.7 x 1.9 mm. Deep shades of navy and midnight are trapped inside this dark and mystical oval opal, with soft and dark grey undertones.
AOS106 - 0.45 ct, measures 7.5 x 4.5 x 2.1 mm. Blue, green and purple streaks flick through this disc, softened by a soft, cloudy film that enfolds this oval shaped opal.
AOS107 - 0.45 ct, measures 7.7 x 3.9 x 2.5 mm. An oval opal that shimmers indigo and violet and interspersed with silky clouds inlays.
AOS108 - 0.28 ct, measures 6.5 x 4.2 x 1.3 mm. A hypnotic caged aurora of green hues and hints of purple. One of the more funky shaped stones in this collection.
AOS109 - 0.40 ct, measures 8.2 x 4.7 x 1.6 mm. This opal glows in sweet shades of purple to frothy blues, sugary whites and vibrant greens. Talk about a heavenly glow!
AOS115 - 0.20 ct, measures 9.2 x 3.6 x 0.9 mm. A flattened elongated oval opal that shows of its translucence and celebrates it with winding whispers of playful purple, dreamy blue, and hypnotic green.
AOS117 - 0.30 ct, measures 9.3 x 4.4 x 1.1 mm. An elongated oval opal that shows off a gorgeous color scheme of purple, blue, hints of greens and a smattering of chalky peach colored clouds.
AOS118 - 0.54 ct, measures 10.4 x 5.0 x 1.7 mm. This stone whispers of mystery with the most serene swirls of violet and grey and endless shades in between, evoking the waves of the ocean.