Let us build your dream ring :)
Your new favorite ring will be made to order with the topaz of your choice in around 6 to 8 weeks. The design of this custom ring is where you come in! You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
- Classic bezel setting with the gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the topaz, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance. A basket setting is a type of prong setting, but with a little difference when viewed from the side or profile. The prongs will rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone is set. If you choose an irregular shaped topaz, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.6 mm wide.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.2 mm wide.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. We mix this gold ourselves, in-house. There may be minor color variants between rings, as the gold we receive from the miners also has small variations in level of refinement and still contain some trace metals.
- TOP01 – 0.74 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 3.5 mm, a cushion cut topaz that’s glacier-like. A sweep of blue, a cold as ice stone that will keep tempers cool all year around. A good balancing friend for passionate souls. Pair it with a cooler tones white gold band. Custom cut under supervision of Jeffery Davies.
- TOP02 – 0.22 ct, measures 4 x 3.6 x 2.2 mm, a square cut topaz that is flush with the joy of spring, excited for adventures the long months of summer will promise. Wrap with a rose gold band for maximum passion. This vintage gem was most likely mined in Colorado. Featuring very precise lines, cut in the United States.
- TOP03 – 1.91 ct, measures 8.9 x 6.4 x 5 mm, a bold whiskey colored shield cut topaz, mined in the United States (most likely Colorado) in the 1980’s. A well-travelled happy soul who wants to compare destinations with you, and steal you away for spontaneous vacays.
- TOP04 – 4.17 ct, measures 9.1 x 9.9 x 6.8 mm, a sky-blue shield cut topaz from Colorado, reminding me of the topper most layer of the stratosphere. Cut in the United States in the 1980’s, it only descended when it knew for sure the space race was coming to an end.
- TOP05 – 1.06 ct, measures 10.6 x 4.7 x 3.3 mm, an irregular cut icicle topaz from Brazil, that will bring you news of secret penguin enclaves and polar bears tumbling into the artic sea with glee. Part of a twin, so you can match with a best beloved.
- TOP06 – 1.12 ct, measures 10.9 x 4.7 x 3.4 mm, the twin visitor from an icy tundra far away (secretly just from Brazil). Wrap it snug and tight with a rose gold band to add warmth, or a white gold band if you’re ready to join it on adventures in a winter wonderland.
- TOP07 – 0.53 ct, measures 6.1 x 4 x 2.7 mm, an oval cut topaz in a lovely clear color, a babbling brook of excitement. Wrap it in a yellow gold band to sprinkle a warm ray of sunshine for a perfect summer memory of camping outdoors.
- TOP08 – 1.33 ct, measures 6 x 5.9 x 4.3 mm, a rose cut Russian topaz that loves to be in between. Swept through with a cooler turquoise tone a warmer Prussian blue, and straddling masculine and feminine energies.
- TOP09 – 1.24 ct, measures 5.9 x 6 x 4.2 mm, a square cut topaz with blunted edges. A blue sea under the blaze of the midday sun color, that longs for lazy days and quiet reading time by the beach. A sweet soul who knows how to enjoy quiet company and slow smiles.
- TOP10 – 3.42 ct, measures 10 x 10 x 5.6 mm, joy personified. Infectiously happy, bright and carefree, and excited to add a sparkle in your life. Wrap it in a yellow gold band to really encourage its radiant shine. Vintage stock from an American collector.
- TOP11 – 4.03 ct, measures 10 x 8 x 6.1 mm, a happy go lucky type, this bright blue topaz features a lovely square rose cut. Showing off such a playful pattern, perfect for someone who likes neat lines but has a rebel streak deep inside. Vintage stock from an American collector.
- TOP12 – 4.13 ct, measures 9.8 x 11.5 x 6.6 mm, a fun creative cut topaz that features a twisting triangle cut. Celebrate its quirks with a prong setting, and pair it with a white gold band give it a chic finish. Vintage stock from an American collector.
- TOP13 - 2.33ct, measures 10 x 6.5 x 4.5 mm