Opal glow. Diamond sparkle. They're the perfect co-stars in this headliner of a ring.
All our freeform opals are solid and precious opals from Australia.
AO1 to AO22 come from Lightning Ridge and Cooper Pedy in Australia. The miners follow strict Australian environmental regulations when it comes to mining. They were then polished in New York by an American geology student.
Pick your opal and the position of the diamond(horizontally / east-west like in the original ring, or vertically / north-south instead), design of the ring (plain, satellite or side stone), metal and what size you'd need.
You can choose to add one small diamond or ruby to sit on top of the opal (satellite), or to add one as a side stone.
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
We'll make your ring to order for you in around 6 weeks time. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out.
The curved nesting band from the photos is not included.
Our Australian solid opals:
- AO1 - 2.11 ct, this one could just be a funny little clear stone with some blueish black smoke. But then it catches the light at a different angle and suddenly the stone is full of electric blue and purple lightning. Measures 12 x 9.1 x 3.2 mm
- AO2 - 2.60 ct, a fat pear shaped opal with a black center, some rough on the side. Measures 10.5 x 8.7 x 4.4 mm
- AO3 - 1.79 ct, opaque white opal with red, green, blue and yellow. Measures 10.5 x 8.6 x 3.6 mm
- AO4 - 1.36 ct, a nice mixture of rough stone and rainbow madness. Measures 11 x 7.6 x 2.5 mm
- AO5 - 1.60 ct, rectangular shaped crystal opal with visible sand and sandstone back (but still solid opal). Nice play of color with mostly green, some purple, but also yellow and even some orange on the side. Measures 9.5 x 7.0 x 3.6 mm
- AO6 - 1.05 ct oval black opal, with a dull black patch, an eye and the most intense blue, green and purple colors. Measures 10.5 x 7.0 x 2.4 mm
- AO7 - 0.99 ct oval black opal, with a dull grey center with a black eye, dark blue and lively greens. Visible pit on top and also some pitting at the back, which will be covered in a bezel setting. Measures 10.5 x 7.0 x 2.2 mm
- AO8 - 1.00 ct oval blue opal with some dull grayish blue at one end, lively greens in the center and a bit of sand on the other end, measures 10.6 x 6.2 x 2.5 mm
- AO9 - 0.80 ct mostly blue and green crystal opal with some sandstone (potch) at the back that's visible because of the translucency of the stone. Measures 11 x 6.2 x 2.0 mm
- AO10 - 1.20 ct grey crystal opal with fun color play, some sandstone potch at the back, measures11 x 7.5 x 2.3 mm
- AO11 - 0.91 ct round pinpoint opal with so much color, there's an entire confetti party inside, measures 8.3 x 8.3 x 2.5 mm
- AO12 - 0.79 ct freeform pinfire opal with some visible sand, measures 8.0 x 7.6 x 2.5 mm
- AO14 - 0.58 ct round crystal opal, almost like yin yang with a colorful translucent side and one with sandstone at the back, measures 6.6 x 6.6 x 2.4 mm
- AO15 - 0.43 ct small oval opal with a play of color that makes my heart beat faster, measures 7.1 x 6 x 2.0 mm
- AO16 - 0.46 ct this little triangle is a special one! A grey opal with lots of color, mostly orange and red, but also yellow, green, violet and blue. I can see a heart bursting with color. Some sandstone, measures 6.0 x 6.0 x 2.3 mm
- AO17 - 0.70 ct oval crystal opal with fun patchwork pattern. Thin stone which means you get nice finger coverage for the weight. Measures 10.2 x 7.2 x 1.7 mm
- AO18 - 0.68 ct oval opal with inclusion and sandstone, and large patches of color, measures 9.3 x 7.1 x 1.8 mm
- AO19 - 0.72 ct oval crystal opal with large blocks of color. Obvious pitting and sandstone at the back, measures 9.6 x 6 x 2.1 mm
- AO20 - 0.84 ct magical oval opal, grey with purple and green flashes of color, measures 9.0 x 6.0 x 2.6 mm
- AO21 - 0.64 ct colorful oval opal with all colors present and some sandstone, measures 8.5 x 6.0 x 2.3 mm
- AO22 - 0.64 ct freeform grey opal with nice color play, measures 8.5 x 6.0 x 2.3 mm
- AO23 - 0.61 ct colorful and milky pinpoint opal, measures 10 x 4.9 x 2.2 mm
- AO24 - 0.65 ct elongated opal, colorful and milky, measures 9.5 x 4.6 x 2.4 mm
- AO25 - 0.61 ct precious opal, opaque with mostly green and red, some bits of yellow, measures 9.3 x 5.0 x 2.1 mm
- AO26 - 1.13 ct crystal opal with funky shape. A blueish opalescent glow and playful greens. Measures 10.5 x 4.9 x 3.2 mm
- AO27 - 1.09 ct crystal opal with blue glow and nice colors, I can see an internal line but not sure what causes it. Measures 9.8 x 5.5 x 3.3 mm
- AO28 - 0.78 ct colorful crystal opal, measures 9.7 x 6 x 2.3 mm
- AO29 - 0.45 ct translucent little rainbow opal, measures 8.2 x 5.4 x 1.7 mm
AO30 - 0.72 ct natural black opal. A grayish blue body tone graded N1/N5, brightness of 3 out of 5 and a broadflash rainbow pattern of colors. Small but visible pit. Measures 8.21 x 4.88 x 2.71 mm.
AO31 - 1.48 ct transparent crystal opal with 4/5 brightness and floral pattern. Mostly greens, but also yellow, orange, blue and purple. Some porous rock dispersed throughout the stone. Measures 10.30 X 6.11 X 3.85 mm.
AO32 - 0.41 ct round opal, thin for a very low profile. Measures 6.9 x 6.9 x 1.3 mm.
AO33 - 1.65 ct freeform opal with mostly magical blues and greens, and a translucent circle in its heart. To call this opal special would be an understatement. Measures 12.8 x 8.5 x 2.3 mm.
AO34 - 1.20 ct natural semi black opal. N5 body tone and brightness is 2 out of 5. Broadflash pattern. Measures 11.47 x 5.06 x 3.32 mm.
AO35 - 1.39 ct natural light opal. Elongated and playful freeform shape with porous rock. Body tone N9, brightness 2 out of 5, broadflash. Lights up like fire with orange and yellow. Measures 11.87 x 5.04 x 3.61 mm.
AO36 - 1.69 ct natural semi black opal with a freeform or asymmetric pear shape. N6 body tone, multicolor and brightness is 3.5 out of 5. Broadflash pattern. Sparkles at every angle, but has visible porous rock at the surface. Measures 12.51 x 8.46 x 2.5 mm.
AO37 - 3.24 ct crystal opal with transparent body tone, mostly blue/green color and brightness is 3.5 out of 5. Broadflash pattern from the bottom left, more translucent towards the top right, reminds me of an underwater scene with fish swimming overhead. Measures 15.29 x 9.68 x 4.11 mm.
AO38 - 3.37 ct natural light opal with N7 body tone. Mostly blue/green floral pattern. 3 out of 5 brightness. Porous rock and opaque bottom give it a warm fuzzy feel. Measures 13.39 x 11.43 x 3.49 mm.
The diamond used in this ring has been purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations resolutions. These diamonds are conflict free, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by the supplier of these diamonds. My supplier guarantees that they are conflict free and mined in accordance with the Kimberley Process.
I love how this ring illuminates in movement.