Kornerupine is believed to help you sharpen your skills and blow up your talents. It's said to balance the ups and downs in life and love. Think lifting your spirits when you're feeling low or soothing vibes when you're angry. Got issues? This magical gem will break your self doubt, uproot the problem and gently push you on your way. Like a mermaid swimming with the flow of the ocean.
Choose your favourite kornerupine
This rare, mermaid colored rock, was mined in Tanzania and cut in Sri Lanka. Let us help you design your very own mermaid ring.
Now the design...
Select your fave kornerupine from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the kornerupine, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on deeper stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold kornerupine ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom kornerupine ring will bemade to order with the kornerupine of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
Kornerupine gems available
KOR1 – 0.10 ct, measures 3,2 x 3,2 x 1,9 mm, an oxygen bubble floating by as you explore the shallow waters, this sunkissed blue kornerupine an unassuming companion.
KOR2 – 0.10 ct, measures 3,1 x 3,1 x 1,9 mm, a round cut kornerupine with a curious flat cut on one side. A quirky little so and so, who loves to wander.
KOR3 – 0.15 ct, measures 3,5 x 3,5 x 2,1 mm, the lightest blue tints this round cut kornerupine. With slight scratches on the bottom.
KOR4 – 0.15 ct, measures 3,6 x 3,6 x 2,1 mm, a hint of mint to keep your days eternally fresh and breezy. A slight inclusion can be found on the bottom of this kornerupine.
KOR5 – 0.18 ct, measures 3,6 x 3,6 x 2,2 mm, a twitch of parsley to bring color to your gimlet, this kornerupine is that hint of flavor you will want to sprinkle all over your life.
KOR6 – 0.19 ct, measures 4 x 3,2 x 1,9 mm, a summer breeze captured, this blue oval cut kornerupine has a chip on its side.
KOR7 – 0.23 ct, measures 4,3 x 3,2 x 2,3 mm, this oval cut kornerupine has crack on one side, but nothing will stop it from dazzling passer by's with its shine.
KOR8 – 0.25 ct, measures 4,5 x 3,7 x 2,2 mm, chicken little may have screamed about the sky falling down, but he never said it was a perfect oval cut piece of a sweet spring day. A lovely kornerupine for a lovely soul.
KOR9 – 0.28 ct, measures 4,9 x 3,6 x 2 mm, wet moss touched with dew drops, this oval cut kornerupine is springy and soft.
KOR10 – 0.29 ct, measures 5,7 x 3,9 x 1,8 mm, this cushion cut kornerupine has slight bubbly inclusions that will remind you of happy, lazy days of blowing bubbles in soda, while you wait for your delicious dinner.
KOR17 – 0.53 ct, measures 5 x 4,6 x 3 mm, the frosted tips that decorate a snowdrop so delicately, this lightly included cushion cut kornerupine is fresh and full of hope.
Wear on its own or with a curved gold nesting band in rose gold.