Let us help you design and build an ethical ruby ring.
If you're searching for an ethical ruby engagement ring, it's important to you that the symbol of love and commitment has been ethically made and sourced. We got you covered.
Choose your favourite ruby
All of the rubies available for your customized dream ring are traceable to the country of origin and the country where the ruby was cut. Your ring will be lovingly handcrafted by skilled artisans in Java or Bali, Indonesia.
Now the design...
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the ruby, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on higher profile stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking chunky.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many) from Botswana
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon star cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Ourwhite gold isrhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your ruby ring will bemade to order with the ruby of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- RUB01 -This 0.40 ct round dark red ruby is old-Hollywood. Magnificent and classy. Measures 4 x 4 mm, from Madagascar.
- RUB02 - Old school glam meets modern-day sensuality in this 0.37 ct classic red round ruby. She just glows magic. Measures 4.3 x 4.3 mm, from Madagascar.
- RUB04 - Quirky shaped and full of sass, this 0.59 ct trillion cut ruby is a femme fatale. Radiant in regal shades of pomegranate red and a few black pepper sprinkles. Measures 6.5 x 4.8 mm, from Tanzania, heated.
- RUB05 - 0.54 ct trillion cut ruby, in a gorgeous vivid red that's flirtatiously fun. Smudged with touches of pepper on one side and a Marilyn Monroe beauty mark in the form of a tiny black speckle on the other side. Measures 6.5 x 4.5 mm, from Tanzania, heated.