Let us build your ethical dream ring!
Now the design...
Select your fave garnet from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the garnet, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
- Double prongs; open basket or double basket
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped garnet, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small white diamonds, ethically sourced from Canada (you choose how many)
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for an incredibly unique three stone ring!
- Half round band, also called D shaped. This shank is flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide.
- Round band. This shank tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide.
The price will automatically adjust depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold garnet ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom garnet ring will bemade to order with the garnet of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- GAR-01 - 0.85 ct, measures 5.4 x 5.4 x 3.6 mm, a coral tinted pink garnet that shines happily because of its octagon cut. A reminder of a sweet spring to accompany your cold, winter months. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-02 - 0.86 ct, measures 5.4 x 5.4 x 3.6 mm, a natural sun kissed blush adorns this octagon cut garnet, an unassumingly pretty stone that would be the best accessory to any outfit. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-03 - 0.88 ct, measures 5.5 x 5.5 x 3.6 mm, peach tints this pink octagon cut garnet, pair it with a prong setting to fully appreciate the subtle shades. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-04 - 1.5 ct, measures 6.6 x 6.6 x 4.2 mm, a large rose blush garnet in an octagon cut, simultaneously delicate and formidable, this stone would be majestic when paired with a band that features embedded diamonds. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-05 - 0.73 ct, measures 5.1 x 5.1 x 3.4 mm, this champagne colored garnet is perfect for a dainty ring. A tint of pink decorates this sparkly octagon cut beauty. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-06 - 0.55 ct, measures 4.8 x 4.8 x 3.1 mm, a bubble of joy will pour forth from this champagne colored garnet in an octagon cut. Take it home for a ring that will always delight you. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-07 - 0.29 ct, measures 3.7 x 3.7 x 2.6 mm, a teeny-tiny garnet with a larger than life personality. A few shades shy of hot pink, this octagon cut stone will make a dainty ring that nevertheless demands attention. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-08 - 1.17 ct, measures 6.1 x 6.1 x 4.2 mm, a classic red garnet in an octagon cut, pair this stone with a prong setting in yellow gold for a sophisticated look. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-09 - 1.16 ct, measures 6.1 x 6.1 x 3.9 mm, a bright fuschia octagon cut garnet, tiny imperfections in the bottom gives it character, making it seem bold and fearless. From Tanzania, precision cut in Bangkok.
- GAR-10 - 0.54 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 2.7 mm, a hot pink octagon cut garnet that’s rearing for a fun, flirty outing. From vintage stock from a US collector.
- GAR-11 - 0.59 ct, measures 5.4 x 4.4 x 3.1 mm, this light magenta colored garnet is sophistication personified, the oval cut is classically stylish and effortlessly elegant. From Sri Lanka.
- GAR-12 - 1.8 ct, measures 8.4 x 7.0 x 4.1 mm, unapologetically pink, this large oval cut garnet is wants to lounge luxuriously with you, pair it with white gold to create a show-stopping number. From Sri Lanka.
- GAR-13 - 2.39 ct, a true red that makes you think of old Hollywood and the red lips of starlets blowing kisses to cameras, this cushion cut garnet needs no encouragement to draw in attention and adoration. From Sri Lanka.
- GAR-14 - 2.34 ct, measures 9.2 x 7.2 x 4.2 mm, a lazy, dusky pink swooshes through this cushion cut garnet that demands diamond accompaniments in adoring satellite form, or reverent embellishments in the bands. From Sri Lanka.
- GAR-15 - 0.65 ct, as fresh as the spring breeze that kidnaps you for a moment of pure joy, this light mint octagon cut garnet is a perfect day frozen in time. From the Merelani hills in Tanzania, precision cut in the USA.
- GAR-16 - 0.15 ct, measures 3.2 x 3.2 x 2.1 mm, minty fresh, this brilliant cut garnet from Tanzania is a refreshing shade of green. An icy cool color that will keep you calm and collected even in the hottest days of summer. Pair it with a white gold band to emphasize is qualities.
- GAR-17 - 0.16 ct, measures 4.6 x 3.4 x 2 mm, A warm, lazy picnic under leafy greens. This kite cut garnet boasts cooler yellow toned stone with hints of green at its edges. Perfect for the relaxed soul who enjoys dainty sandwiches and a glass of wine to pass the time in parks.
- GAR-18 - 0.79 ct, measures 5.7 x 5,7 x 3.3 mm, a deep red trillion cut garnet that's achingly lovely. Listen to its dashing tales of heroes and heroines of legend. Pair with a yellow gold band to frame its stories with elegance.
- GAR19 - 1.24 ct octagon cut garnet, measures 6.4 x 4.2 mm. Quality is included.
- GAR20 - 1.23 ct octagon cut garnet, measures 6.0 x 5.8 mm. Quality is included.
- GAR21 - 1.73 ct octagon cut red garnet from Sri Lanka, measures 8.7 x 5.0 mm.
- GAR22 - 0.89 ct umbalite garnet from Tanzania. Measures 5.5 x 3.8 mm. This eye clean garnet has been square emerald cut by Jeffery Davies and Son in Wales. Warm pink tones. Would love to see this gemstone set with split prongs in the corners.
- GAR23 - 1.13 ct purplish pink rhodolite garnet from Madagascar in a custom octagon cut, measures 6.3 x 5.7 x 3.5 mm, VVS quality. An enigma of a stone, this garnet seems to shift in color between a wine colored to smoky violet and a muted ruby red tinged with vibrant pink. Custom cut in Thailand.
- GAR24 - 1.29 ct octagon cut rhodolite garnet from Madagascar, measures 7.2 x 5.8 x 3.6 mm, VS quality. Custom cut in Thailand. Soaked in shades of fiery pink and darker violet hues, a thousand pomegranate shades sit at the striking purple heart of this gorgeous garnet. With its regal moods and glowing purple hues, one glance at this garnet feels enough to fill your cup right up.
- GAR25 - 1.44 ct purplish pink rhodolite garnet from Madagascar, measures 8.5 x 6 mm. A vibrant pear cut garnet that is bursting with energy. Colorwise I'd describe it as a more violet at the top to a gorgeous pink at its belly.
- GAR 26 - GAR26 - 1.78 ct red rhodolite heart garnet from Madagascar, measures 7.8 x 6.7 mm. There's something so royal about this garnet with it's passionate shade of wine red. Its eye-popping red color really stands out.
- GAR 27 - GAR27 - 0.94 ct orange pear spessartine garnet from Namibia, measures 7.5 x 5.2 mm. Glowing in hues of warm orange to a slightly burnt orange at the top, this nearly 1 carat garnet is like a fiery sunset sky over the desert.