Let us help you design and build an ethical sapphire ring for the woman of your dreams. If you are reading this, it probably means that it's important to both of you that the symbol of love and commitment she carries for the rest of her life has been ethically made and sourced.
Now the design...
Select your fave sapphire from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your sapphire ring will bemade to order with the blue sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
BS01 – 0.28 ct, measures 3.9 x 3.1 x 2.1 mm, shifting gradient shades of blue sweep across this emerald cut sapphire. Nature's artistic flair captured for someone who sees beauty in the world around them. Pair it with a white gold band and white diamonds to emphasize its colors. Ceylon origin.
BS02 – 0.31 ct, measures 4.2 x 4.2 x 2.1 mm, a round cut milky sapphire that shows of all of its intricate folds. A delicate origami darling that would enjoy the embrace of a white gold band and salt and pepper diamond additional stones. Ceylon origin.
BS03 – 0.32 ct, measures 4.2 x 3.4 x 2 mm, a magical sapphire with dramatic sweeping colors. Vivid and strong, you can almost feel the winds throwing your hair up into a mess of wild tangles. Perfect for someone with boundless energy. Ceylon origin.
BS04 – 0.40 ct, measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.6 mm, a broken mirror shard from some faraway parallel universe, this sapphire won't let you play through should haves and could haves. It firmly believes in living in the here and now. Ceylon origin.
BS05 – 0.42 ct, measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 2.6 mm, The sea on a clear winter's day, deep dive into the heart of this round cut sapphire for a strong connection to mysterious waters. Pair with a rose gold band to anchor you to land. Ceylon origin.
BS06 - 0.43 ct, measures 5.3 x 4 x 2.2 mm, srping sweet, and knee deep in love. This oval cut sapphire is a fluttering stomach, and the lovely pitter-patter of a heart completely smitten. Ceylon origin.
BS07 – 0.45 ct, measures 5.4 x 4.5 x 2.4 mm, step into Van Gogh's Stary Night and dance between the swirling paint with this sapphire. A lovely, solitary moment in time when all is still and quiet. Ceylon origin.
BS08 – 0.46 ct, measures 5 x 4.4 x 2.7 mm, a stunning sapphire that tangos with light, this sapphire is cut just-so. Pair it with a yellow gold band in a prong setting and enjoy its play with colors. Ceylon origin.
BS09 – 0.48 ct, measures 4.15 x 4.09 x 3.32 mm, a frosty exterior hides a gooey center in this sapphire. Pair it with white diamonds on a yellow gold band to further emphasize the colliding temperatures. Ceylon origin.
BS10 – 0.50 ct, measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 3 mm, a warm midsummer's night, dark and perfect. This round cut sapphire is a cozy picnic under stars. Romance will never be dead with this dreamy soul. Ceylon origin.
BS11 – 0.55 ct, measures 5.8 x 4.3 x 2.6 mm, promises and earnest declarations, this sapphire keeps track of words. Slightlly included as it tallies up all the vows you whispered in the wind. Bind it tight with a rose gold band and keep it close to your heart. Ceylon origin.
BS12 – 0.66 ct, measures 6.1 x 4.6 x 2.5 mm, the start of mist descending, this frosty sapphire is that perfect moment of magic swirling in the air. Potent with possibilities and brimming with power. Ceylon origin.
BS13 – 0.76 ct, measures 5.4 x 5.4 x 3.3 mm, like a delicious bite of an onigiri, this lightly tinted blue sapphire is flush with flavor. Pair it with a yellow gold band and spice it up with some salt and pepper diamonds. Ceylon origin.
BS14 – 0.77 ct, measures 5.4 x 5.4 x 3 mm, a slightly lighter center gives this dark sapphire a widely opened eye that is curious and observant. Perfect for the empathic soul that likes to keep an eye out for their best beloveds. Ceylon origin.
BS15 – 0.80 ct, measures 5.5 x 4.2 x 3 mm, cloudy skies grace this emerald cut sapphire. The right kind of gloomy day, where you are comfortably curled around a mug of hot chocolate and a book that has stolen all of your attention. Pair it with some white diamonds and a warm rose gold band. Ceylon origin.
BS16 – 0.82 ct, measures 5.6 x 4.6 x 3.5 mm, gray tints this moody sapphire that is lightly included. A travel worn wiseman who will trade the secrets of the world for comfortable companionship. Ceylon origin.
BS17 – 1.01 ct, measures 6.18 x 6.18 x 4.00 mm, the witching hour descends and quiet reigns supreme. This sapphire whispers of sweet dreams and protection to keep you safe. Bind it in a yellow gold band for a moonbeam embrace and dot it with salt and pepper diamonds for starlight softness. Ceylon origin.
BS18 – 1.07 ct, measures 7.2 x 5.2 x 2.9 mm, crystal clear, this oval cut sapphire is here to weave cornflower crowns with you. Take a sprig of white gold for its frame and dot it with white diamonds, and wind spring personified around your fingers. Ceylon origin.
BS19 – 1.47 ct, measures 7.4 x 5.5 x 4 mm, howl at the moon and let your inner wild child run free. This light blue milky sapphire featuress inclusions that resemble claw marks. Connect to its fierce confidence and untamed energy. Ceylon origin.
BS20 – 1.46 ct, measures 8 x 5.7 x 3.8 mm, a light tint of clear blue touches on this oval cut sapphire. Sweet and earnest, and completely without pretense. Frame it with a white gold band for some extra clarity. Ceylon origin.
BS21 – 1.86 ct, measures 8.7 x 6.7 x 3.9 mm, a watercolor mess of blues, this rose cut sapphire is zen. A gentle flow of colors that swoop and swirl. Bind it in a rose gold band for a soft, romantic frame. Ceylon origin.
BS22 – 2.30 ct, measures 7.5 x 7.5 x 4.5 mm, an art-piece like no other. I've kept this one hidden in my safe for a long time - unsure if I was willing to part with it. This round cut sapphire is painted with wide brush strokes of clear and milky layers, and stunning swaths of light and dark blue. Deserving of a place of honor at the Tate Modern. I'd love to turn this into a special piece, so feel free to email me about bold designs! Ceylon origin.
- BS23 - 0.99 ct elongated oval sapphire. Greenish blue color with parti sapphire zoning. Included with a notable silky cloud. Mined in Australia, heated, measures 7.4 x 4.4 mm.
- BS24 - 1.33 ct fancy step cut shield sapphire with cut corners. Intense greenish blue color, although this gemstone has no indication of heating. Black inclusions in the center make this an interesting specimen. Measures 6.7 x 6.2 mm.
- BS25 - 1.52 ct round sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 6.0 x 6.0 mm.
- BS26 - 1.08 ct pear cut natural blue green sapphire. SI1 clarity with some visible inclusions. Mined in Tanzania, unheated, measures 6.3 x 6.0 mm.
- BS27 - 1.00 ct pear cut sapphire with greenish blue color. Low profile makes this a nice stone for everyday wear in a bezel setting. Mined in Tanzania, unheated. Measures 7.3 x 5.8 mm.
- BS28 - 0.87 ct, measures 6 x 4.9 x 3.75 mm
- BS29 - 0.37 ct, measures 5.58 x 3.78 x 2.49 mm
- BS30 - 0.44 ct, measures 5.60 x 4 x 2.72 mm
- BS31 - 1.20 ct, measures 6.3 x 4.9 x 4.3 mm
- BS32 - 0.69 ct, heart shaped greenish blue sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 5.4 x 5 mm. Ocean colors are caught beneath the surface of this bicolor sapphire, dipped in shades of cornflower blue and light green depending on your perspective. She's a subtle stunner.
- BS33 - 0.55 ct, blue trillion cut sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 6 x 5.3 mm. Blue-green ripples like the sea flowing together in a stripey pattern. Streaked with cloudy white inclusions that look like small needles and a touch of deep blue on one side.
- BS34 - 1.80 ct oval greenish blue sapphire from Australia, heated, measures 8.2 x 6.7 m. A surreal gemstone that looks like a shimmering blue to mermaid green from a distance, and mesmerizing from up close. Smudged with cloud-like ripples and quirky inclusions, there's a world of magic inside this stone.
BS35 - This 2.01 multicolor sapphire is like a chameleon. Its soft blue color is streaked with patterns of violet and silky white, like the reflection of a cloud-filled sky dancing upon the ocean’s surface on a beautiful summer day.She flickers from light blue to violet and even some pink-orange flashes. Measures 10.2 x 5.8 x 3.6 mm.