Let us build your ethical dream ring!
Now the design...
Select your fave sapphire from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom sapphire ring will bemade to order with the yellow sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
YS01 – 0.43 ct, measures 5.8 x 4 x 2.6 mm, stopped summer sunshine carefully cut into a teardrop. A bittersweet reminder of that one perfect childhood holiday with your family. Bind it with a romantic rose gold band for some sepia toned reminiscing. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
YS02 – 0.47 ct, measures 4.8 x 4.8 x 2.7 mm, a brilliant cut yellow sapphire that is cooler in tone. Full of anticipation and excitement, a cut in time right before spring trully blooms. Pair it with a white gold band for a touch of ice. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
YS03 – 0.64 ct, measures 4.7 x 4.7 x 3.5 mm, a round cut sapphire that is daisy fresh and lightly tinted. A playful lover of skipping and singing out of tune. Pair it with some Yogo sapphires for an added burst of color and an extra flash of fun. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
YS04 – 0.67 ct, measures 6 x 4.5 x 2.9 mm, a plump pear cut unheated yellow sapphire from Tanzania. An adventuruous soul who is willing to travel across oceans to meet you. A sincere friend that's here to hold your hand and send you secret smiles. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
YS05 – 0.83 ct, measures 4.9 x 4.3 x 3.7 mm, a confident and bright cut yellow sapphire. A bold beauty who is as comfortable in cut offs or floor length glam gowns. Pair it with some quirky salt and pepper diamonds to give it a wink of mischief. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- YS06 - 0.72 ct, measures 6.6 x 5.3 x 2.5 mm