Let us build your ethical dream ring!
Now the design...
Select your fave topaz from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the topaz, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped topaz, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold topaz ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your topaz ring will bemade to order with topaz of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- TOP01 – 0.74 ct, measures 5 x 5 x 3.5 mm, a cushion cut topaz that’s glacier-like. A sweep of blue, a cold as ice stone that will keep tempers cool all year around. A good balancing friend for passionate souls. Pair it with a cooler tones white gold band. Custom cut under supervision of Jeffery Davies.
- TOP02 – 0.22 ct, measures 4 x 3.6 x 2.2 mm, a square cut topaz that is flush with the joy of spring, excited for adventures the long months of summer will promise. Wrap with a rose gold band for maximum passion. This vintage gem was most likely mined in Colorado. Featuring very precise lines, cut in the United States.
- TOP03 – 1.91 ct, measures 8.9 x 6.4 x 5 mm, a bold whiskey colored shield cut topaz, mined in the United States (most likely Colorado) in the 1980’s. A well-travelled happy soul who wants to compare destinations with you, and steal you away for spontaneous vacays.
- TOP04 – 4.17 ct, measures 9.1 x 9.9 x 6.8 mm, a sky-blue shield cut topaz from Colorado, reminding me of the topper most layer of the stratosphere. Cut in the United States in the 1980’s, it only descended when it knew for sure the space race was coming to an end.
- TOP05 – 1.06 ct, measures 10.6 x 4.7 x 3.3 mm, an irregular cut icicle topaz from Brazil, that will bring you news of secret penguin enclaves and polar bears tumbling into the artic sea with glee. Part of a twin, so you can match with a best beloved.
- TOP06 – 1.12 ct, measures 10.9 x 4.7 x 3.4 mm, the twin visitor from an icy tundra far away (secretly just from Brazil). Wrap it snug and tight with a rose gold band to add warmth, or a white gold band if you’re ready to join it on adventures in a winter wonderland.
- TOP07 – 0.53 ct, measures 6.1 x 4 x 2.7 mm, an oval cut topaz in a lovely clear color, a babbling brook of excitement. Wrap it in a yellow gold band to sprinkle a warm ray of sunshine for a perfect summer memory of camping outdoors.
- TOP08 – 1.33 ct, measures 6 x 5.9 x 4.3 mm, a rose cut Russian topaz that loves to be in between. Swept through with a cooler turquoise tone a warmer Prussian blue, and straddling masculine and feminine energies.
- TOP09 – 1.24 ct, measures 5.9 x 6 x 4.2 mm, a square cut topaz with blunted edges. A blue sea under the blaze of the midday sun color, that longs for lazy days and quiet reading time by the beach. A sweet soul who knows how to enjoy quiet company and slow smiles.
- TOP10 – 3.42 ct, measures 10 x 10 x 5.6 mm, joy personified. Infectiously happy, bright and carefree, and excited to add a sparkle in your life. Wrap it in a yellow gold band to really encourage its radiant shine. Vintage stock from an American collector.
- TOP11 – 4.03 ct, measures 10 x 8 x 6.1 mm, a happy go lucky type, this bright blue topaz features a lovely square rose cut. Showing off such a playful pattern, perfect for someone who likes neat lines but has a rebel streak deep inside. Vintage stock from an American collector.
- TOP12 – 4.13 ct, measures 9.8 x 11.5 x 6.6 mm, a fun creative cut topaz that features a twisting triangle cut. Celebrate its quirks with a prong setting, and pair it with a white gold band give it a chic finish. Vintage stock from an American collector.
- TOP13 - 2.33ct, measures 10 x 6.5 x 4.5 mm