Choose your favourite zircon
Zircon is such a cool natural gemstone! Gem lovers sing its praises for its flashes of multicolored light, incredible brilliance and color flashes of fire. It's often misunderstood and mistaken by the fake cubic zirconia. So just FYI: this is a natural gem dug out of the earth.
An awesome gemstone for artists, writers and creatives, said to double your charisma. Zircon brings a balanced boost of passion and understanding to relationships. No wonder it's considered a timeless gift for a friend or loved one getting married!
My favorite aspect is that it's such a great gemstone for sisterhood and getting along with other women. It's said to give women strength in giving birth, remove spirals of fear, and bless you with confidence.
Have a niece or daughter who just graduated? Zircon sparks curiosity and the pursuit of truth. A little wearable encouragement to pursue their studies!
Now the design...
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the zircon, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on deeper stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped zircon, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, also called D shaped. This shank is flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide.
- Round band. This shank tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2 mm
- Peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom zircon ring will bemade to order with the zircon of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- ZIR-001, 1.53 ct, measures 6.06 x 6.01 x 4.24 mm, a bubbly heated peach zircon from Tanzania, was custom cut by Jeffery Davies and Son. This octagon cut zircon is fun and flirty, and ready to sparkle under the sun.
- ZIR-002, 1.28 ct, measures 6.06 x 6.06 x 3.80 mm, the faintest blush is blossoming on this clear heated round cut zircon from Nigeria, precision cut by Jeffery Davies and Son. Nudge it gently towards a well deserved spotlight with a prong setting.
- ZIR-003, 1.44 ct, measures 5.80 x 7.50 x 4.00 mm, a unique heated pear cut zircon from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, with its pointy end blunted, this clear mustard beauty can be paired off with satellite diamonds to complete its classic shape, or celebrated with a prong setting.
- ZIR-005, 1.4 ct, measures 5.8 x 5.8 x 3.98 mm, the only stone in the collection that boasts a strong tint of red, this heated scissor cut zircon from Tanzania, was custom cut by Jeffery Davies and Son, and would look stunning when framed with a white gold band.
- ZIR-006, 0.87 ct, measures 5.40 x 3.37 mm, as crystal clear as a raindrop reflecting hints of peach, this heated circle cut zircon from Nigeria was precision cut by Jeffery Davies and Son. It's not shy about showing off its sparkle.
- ZIR-007, 1.24 ct, measures 7.60 x 5.84 x 4.08 mm, this heated oval cut zircon is from Sri Lanka was cut in Ratnapura. It's more white wine than champagne in color is perfect for a subtle hint of sweetness in your day-to-day life.
- ZIR-008, 1.80 ct, measures 47.8 x 5.22x3.80 mm, this heated octagon cut zircon from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, slips in between peach and coral in color would enjoy a prong setting to show off its charms.
- ZIR-009, 1.68 ct, measures 7.66 x 7.04 x 3.76 mm, this heated light peach trillion cut zircon from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, is subtle in its elegance but bold in its shine. Pair it with a yellow gold band to really bring out its warmth.
- ZIR-010, 2.02 ct, measures 8.76 x 5.41 x 3.45 mm, a heated dusky pink scissor cut zircon from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, that tries its hardest to be demure, pair it with a white gold band to let its charm shine in a subtle way.
- ZIR-011, 1.53 ct, measures 7.48 x 4.56 x 3.75 mm, a heated light yellow scissor cut sweetheart from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, this zircon may be on the larger side, but its delicate nature will make a dainty ring.
- ZIR-012, 1.27 ct, measures 6.37 x 6.37 x 3.32 mm, like a perfect bubble floating in a champagne, this heated round cut zircon from Nigeria and precision cut by Jeffery Davies and Son is joyful and sweet, and wants the companionship of a yellow gold band to bring out its sunny personality.
- ZIR-013, 1.58 ct, measures 2.44 x 4.69 x 3.22 mm, like the first touch of yellow sunshine as you step out into the world, this heated scissor cut zircon from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, is here to remind you; carpe diem!
- ZIR-014, 2.04 ct, measures 8.94 x 5.25 x 3.64 mm, like the yellow lemon candy that your grandma so fondly slipped into your hand, this heated scissor cut zircon from Sri Lanka and cut in Ratnapura, is sweet. Pair it with a white gold band for a reliable companion for any style.
- ZIR-015, 0.62 ct, measures 4.82 x 3.10 mm, the first light pink blush of a flower in spring is condensed into this heated circle cut zircon from Nigeria and precision cut by Jeffery Davies and Son. Let it bloom fully with a rose gold band and a prong setting.
- ZIR-016, 0.42 ct, measures 4.20 x 2.70 mm, a delicate dew drop of a gem, this heated sweet pink tinted circle cut zircon from Nigeria and was precision cut by Jeffery Davies and Son. It'sa dainty damsel that wants nothing more than to be wrapped in a bezel setting.
- ZIR-017, 0.51 ct, measures 4.50 x 2.88 mm, the slightest hint of pink tints this heated clear round cut zircon from Nigeria is precision cut by Jeffery Davies and Son. Bring out its warm rosy tones with a rose-gold band.
- ZIR-018, 1.06 ct, measures 5.5 x 5.5 x 3.5 mm, a rich and dark iced tea colored heated zircon from Tanzania. Eye clean, unheated, square emerald brilliant cut. Precision cut in Wales by Jeffery Davies and Son. This zircon reminds me of a moon bright sky smeared with October clouds, soft champagne and brown.
ZIR-019, 1.42 ct, measures 6.8 x 5.6 x 4.0 mm. This icy zircon is clear and bright and scattered with starlight. Eye clean and with undertones of warm light grey, pale mauve and hints of champagne. Heated. A moody custom cut zircon from Tanzania, precision cut in Wales byJeffery Davies and Son. Would make a beautiful diamond alternative.
- ZIR-020, this 1.69 ct blue zircon from Cambodia is a mermaid tear captured. A light mint belly, some aqua blue edges and then a medium blue tip. Vibrant and bright, evoking the tropical ocean on a sunny day. Measures 8 x 5.4 mm, pear cut in Thailand, gentle heated. Don't be shy about asking us for a nesting band with white zircon, diamonds or colorful sapphires or spinel to pair it with.