Let us build the dream ring for the woman of your dreams.
Now the design...
Select your fave amethyst from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with the gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the amethyst, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on deeper stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Basket prongs. A basket setting is a type of prong setting, but with a little difference when viewed from the side or profile. The prongs will rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone is set.
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped amethyst, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide.
Additional small stones in the band
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting
- Salt and pepper diamonds, around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose. The rings in the example pictures have 3 diamonds on each side and 7 diamonds on each side.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold amethyst ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom amethyst ring will bemade to order with the amethyst of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders. Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? If you have any questions, hit up info@GardensoftheSun.com.
Need some more help?
Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- AME01 - 1.59 ct amethyst from Brazil, cut under supervision of Jeffery Davies, measures 6.8 x 6.9 x 5.6 mm, a blushing pale lilac amethyst (this shade is called Rose de France) with the softest sweep of color in a square brilliant cut. Dainty and sweet even though it’s the largest of the batch, perfect for someone who knows how to turn heads with the smallest of smiles.
- AME02 - 1.54 ct amethyst from Brazil, cut under supervision of Jeffery Davies, measures 8.3 x 6.7 x 5.5 mm, a royal shade of purple, this amethyst embodies old school elegance. Pair this oval cut stunner with a rose gold band to dust it with a little modern magic.
- AME03 - 1.42 ct amethyst from Brazil, cut under supervision of Jeffery Davies, measures 6.6 x 6.6 x 5.5 mm, a cheeky amethyst that sparkles with mischief. The square brilliant cut nudges light in the most playful way. Crown it with double prongs and accompany it with some Yogo sapphires for som flair.
- AME04 - 0.93 ct amethyst from Brazil, cut under supervision of Jeffery Davies, measures 6.3 x 6.3 x 4.6 mm, a modified cushion cut amethyst that refuses to stop sparkling, bubbling and frothing with joyful abandon. Tinted with the lightest shade of lilac, this heart stopping number invites you to laugh and enjoy life to the fullest.
- AME05 - 3.31 ct green amethyst, also called prasiolite, measures 10.1 x 11.5 x 6.4 mm, a fancy cut amethyst who knows when to indulge in the finer things in life. A refreshing shade of light mint to remind you to stop and breathe, and sip your champagne. Because it’sabsolutely criminal, darling if you don’t celebrate everyday victories.
- AME06 - 2.23 ct custom square cushion cut amethyst from Brazil, measures 8.4 x 8.4 x 5.8 mm. Cut in Wales by Jeffery Davies and Son.
- AME07 - 2.17 ct custom square cushion cut amethyst from Uruguay, measures 8.4 x 8.4 x 5.5 mm. Cut in Wales by Jeffery Davies and Son.
- AME08 - 3.09 ct custom cushion cut amethyst from Brazil, measures 9.4 x 9.4 x 6.4 mm . Cut in Wales by Jeffery Davies and Son.
- AME09 - 1.94 ct custom cushion cut amethyst, cut by Jeffery Davies and Son in Wales. This purple gemstone is clean and measures 9 x 7.7 x 5.3 mm. Mined in Brazil.
- AME10 - 1.99 ct custom square cushion cut amethyst amethyst from Uruguay, measures 8 x 8 mm. Sweet plum and lilac colors dance in this gentle and gorgeous amethyst.