Let us help you design and build an ethical sapphire ring for the woman of your dreams. If you are reading this, it probably means that it's important to both of you that the symbol of love and commitment she carries for the rest of her life has been ethically made and sourced.
Choose your favourite sapphire
All of the sapphires available for your customized dream ring were mined by artisanal miners around Ratnapura, Sri Lanka, and also cut in the area. Your ring will be lovingly handcrafted by skilled artisans in Java, Indonesia.
Now the design...
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone. Looks nice on more shallow stones up to 3.5 mm deep.
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone. Looks nice on deeper stones over 3-3.5 mm deep.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
For stones over 3.5 mm deep, we recommend an open bezel setting rather than a regular bezel setting. This will avoid the bezel setting looking too "chunky" considering the stone has a high profile.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.8 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.3 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many) from Botswana
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your Ceylon sapphire ring will bemade to order with the bi-color or multicolor Ceylon sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders.
Need some more help?
Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- BCS01 - 0.29 ct sweet light blue and white sapphire, measures 4 x 2.4 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS02 - 0.51 ct oval multicolor sapphire. White, blue and a rusty light brown, flowing together in a stripey pattern. A surreal stone. Measures 5.3 x 3.5 x 3 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS03 - 0.55 ct multicolor round sapphire with blue, green and yellow. Lively colors. Measures 4.8 x 4.8 x 3.1 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS04 - 0.51 ct light green sapphire with some blue swirls in the center, measures 4.5 x 4.5 x 3.1 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS05 - 0.92 ct cornflower blue and pastel green sapphire with a cut that really brings out a lively sparkle, measures 5.6 x 5.6 x 3.7 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS06 - 1.05 ct cushion cut sapphire. Aqua blue with hints of cornflower blue and mint green, every angle will show you different colors. Measures 5.6 x 5.6 x 4 mm. Could see this set at an angle for more of a kite shape. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS07 - 0.70 ct a light aqua blue belly, some yellow edges and then a medium blue tip at this pear cut sapphire. Measures 6.7 x 4.6 x 3.2 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS08 - 1.01 ct emerald step cut sapphire. Mostly yellow with blue edges that seem to flow into a light green at some angles. Measures 6.5 x 4.3 x 3.3 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS09 - 0.53 ct yellow and blue cushion cut sapphire, included. Measures 4.9 x 4 x 3.1 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS10 - 0.68 ct white and blue sapphire with some silk and inclusions. The different colors and fun shape make this a special stone. Measures 6.3 x 4.2 x 2.6 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS11 - 1.27 ct step cut elongated sapphire. Included and the proportions of the culet aren’t optimal, but it’s one of those stones that makes me smile. Light yellow, white, some faint stripes of blue and blue edges. For a one of a kind person. Could even see this used in an engagement ring for him. Measures 7.9 x 4.3 x 3.5 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS12 - 0.80 ct elongated oval sapphire with a white center and blue edges. Really a one of a kind gemstone to make a very unique ring. Measures 6.7 x 3.9 x 3.3 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS13 - 1.01 ct white and cornflower blue oval sapphire, measures 6.7 x 5.2 x 3.4 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS14 - 1.10 ct included blue cushion. Actually also has some white, but from the top it almost looks like it has some peachy purple tones at one edge. Slightly asymmetric cut, measures 5.5 x 5.5 x 4.0 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS15 - 0.97 ct yellow and orange cushion cut sapphire, measures 6.5 x 5.2 x 3.2 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS16 - 0.88 ct baguette cut white and blue sapphire, low profile. Sure makes a statement! Measures 6.8 x 5.0 x 2.6 mm. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS17 - 0.94 ct, measures 5.29 x 6.41 x 3.13 mm, your favorite sundress adorned with daisies, light blue slides smoothly to a faded sunshine yellow in this oval sapphire. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS18 - 0.92 ct, measures 5.1 x 7.29 x 2.93 mm, teardrop blue stops abruptly in the middle of this sapphire, replaced with a colorless belly. Like reigning in the sadness you know you have to let go off. A wonky native pear cut sapphire. Heated. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- BCS19 - 0.22 ct, measures 3.9 x 3.9 x 2.2 mm
- BCS20 - 0.87 ct, measures 6.4 x 5.4 x 2.7 mm
- BCS21 - 1.53 ct , measures 9.6 x 5.8 x 3.4 mm
- BCS22 - 2.14 ct, measures 5.7 x 11.1 x 4.3 mm