Custom Montana Sapphire Ring in Gold
Design your own Montana sapphire engagement ring or self love ring.
Choose a Montana sapphire that speaks to you and let's get started!
We’re making this for you, from scratch
Your custom Montana sapphire ring will be made to order with the Montana sapphire stone of your choice in around 8 to 13 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your Montana sapphire ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders. You can read our return policy here.
Sapphire is the September birthstone. This original love rock is a powerful stone to gather strength. Sapphire symbolizes wisdom, loyalty, and faith. She was once believed to protect your loved ones from harm.
At first glance, sapphire gleams with power and strength, but her true colors shine within kindness and hope – that’s the stone’s real secret sauce. Sapphire lets us get real because she offers great wisdom of intuitive truth, insight, and healing. A symbol of friendship and peace, and a shield from negative energy
Sapphire is a durable gemstone with a hardness of 9 on Mohs scale of hardness. It’s suitable for everyday wear and as an alternative engagement ring.
Your custom ring design
You can choose from 18 karat yellow gold, rose gold or white gold. We use 18 karat ethical gold
, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury free, low impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated
We use US ring sizes.
You can choose between a bezel setting, which has the gold all the way around the stone and a prong setting, where small claws hold the stone. Not sure which setting is right for you? Compare bezel vs prong setting here
Diamonds in band
Want to add some extra sparkle? Pave diamonds in the ring band can really elevate the look of your ring. Choose between salt and pepper diamonds (the rebellious budget option) or white diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity).
Engraving is on us
We offer complimentary engraving on the inside of your ring to personalize it even more. Our team will reach out to you after your purchase for details.
Conflict free diamonds
The diamonds used in this jewelry have been purchased from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and in compliance with United Nations resolutions. Based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by the supplier of these diamonds they are conflict free and mined in accordance with the Kimberley Process.
Gardens of the Sun goes beyond conflict free. Since our sourcing policy came into effect in November 2018 we only purchase diamonds from known origins. We avoid sourcing diamonds from Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Russia (last purchased in 2019), Sierra Leone and Zimbabwe.
Is it a Montana sapphire engagement ring?
Are you planning on using this as an engagement ring? Ask us to keep the exact measurements of your diamond. This way, if you decide to also get a wedding band or nesting band from us, we can help make sure it fits perfectly.
Need any help?
Want advice on which stone to choose, some guidance with the design or a mock-up before taking the plunge? Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Contact them for help.
Any special requests for your ring band, stone angle or prong placement? Write them down in the box at checkout.
Montana sapphire for you to choose from
- MS1 - 0.35 ct small green sapphire from with hints of light blue, to bring out the mermaid in her. Beautiful precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS2 - 0.38 ct small light green sapphire with brown inclusions that look like small needles depending on the angle. High quality precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.8 mm.
- MS3 - 0.34 ct icy mint green sapphire. Fantastic precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 mm.
- MS4 - 0.35 ct pale green sapphire with hints of golden yellow and touches of icy blue. High quality precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.8 mm.
- MS5 - 0.36 ct sparkling light blue sapphire. Amazing precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS6 - 0.36 ct light golden green sapphire, with beautiful silky sparkle. High quality precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 mm.
- MS7 - 0.36 ct white sapphire with light blue dispersed throughout which is magnified by the magnificent cut. Unheated sapphire, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS8 - 0.37 ct striking denim blue with a small darker blue cloud and touches of green. Precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.9 mm.
- MS9 - 0.38 ct mint green Montana sapphire. Precision cut by Kosnar Gems Co, unheated, mined in Rock Creek, Granite Co., Montana. Measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 3 mm.
- MS10 - 1.91 ct light blueish green Missouri River sapphire with mermaid vibes. Great size at nearly 2 carats. Some dark inclusions at the girdle and bits of silk. Unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7.6 x 7.6 x 4.6 mm.
- MS11 - 2.27 ct pale green Missouri River sapphire. I love how the inclusions of this huge Montana sapphire almost look like sparkling confetti inside the stone. Unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7.8 x 7.9 x 5.3 mm.
- MS12 - 1.61 ct light yellow sapphire with bits of blue, an intriguing stone! Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7.2 x 7.2 x 4.1 mm.
- MS13 - 1.28 ct mermaid sapphire, greenish blue with sparkling rainbow inclusions. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7 x 7 x 3.4 mm.
- MS14 - 1.45 ct pale golden blue Montana sapphire with small inclusions. The entire stone is shrouded in a clouded mistiness to it to the point where it has an almost opalescent glow. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 7 x 7 x 4.1 mm.
- MS15 - 1.09 ct light blue sapphire from the Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures, measures 6.5 x 6.5 x 3.5 mm.
- MS16 - 1.19 ct magical green sapphire, slightly more forest than mermaid. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.6 x 6.6 x 3.6 mm.
- MS17 - 1.37 ct silky pale yellow sapphire with black inclusions, from the Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.7 x 6.7 x 4.4 mm.
- MS18 - 1.24 ct icy blue, pale green, light yellow... the color seems to change as you change the viewing angle of this stone. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.5 x 6.5 x 3.9 mm.
- MS19 - 1.61 ct heavily included, icy light blue sapphire, imperfect cut could be disguised by a bezel setting. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.9 x 6.9 x 4.4 mm.
- MS20 - 1.03 ct colorwise I'd describe this as an iced pale golden blue, a wonderfully intriguing stone with a cloudy inclusions off center. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.4 x 6.4 x 3.6 mm.
- MS21 - 0.99 ct (sold)
- MS22 - 0.96 ct a cloudy and silky light blue sapphire with warm yellow patches. Mined around the Montana Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.1 x 6.1 x 3.6 mm.
- MS23 - 1.13 ct icy blue with warm golden yellow inclusions that a gold setting would bring out so well. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6.2 x 6.2 x 4 mm.
- MS24 - 0.87 ct light blue Montana sapphire, you won't regret this marvelous stone! Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 6 x 6 x 3.3 mm.
- MS25 - 0.86 ct light blue sapphire, some silky streaks in the best of ways. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 5.6 x 5.6 x 3.7 mm.
- MS26 - 0.78 ct pale blue sapphire with interesting inclusions. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 5.9 x 5.9 x 3 mm.
- MS27 - 0.57 ct pale green sapphire with some honey yellow visible only at some angles, and a well defined black pepper inclusion. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures 4.9 x 5.7 x 2.6 mm.
- MS28 - 0.43 ct is icy pale yellow a thing? It's like a white sapphire, but with a slightly yellow glow. Missouri River, unheated, cut in Sri Lanka. Measures measures 4.7 x 4.7 x 2.6 mm.
- MS29 - 0.54 ct hexagon cut sapphire in a vivid Montana blue. Heated for color. Mined and cut at the Gem Mountain sapphire mine, Montana's oldest sapphire mine. Measures 4.9 x 5.7 x 2.6 mm.
- MS30 - 0.16 ct tiny but mighty octagon cut Montana sapphire, heated. Measures 3.1 x 3.1 x 2.1 mm.
- MS31 - 0.23 ct light yellow and blue hexagon cut sapphire. Vintage Montana stock, heated. Measures 3.6 x 4.1 x 2.2 mm.
- MS32 - 0.23 ct yellow and blue sapphire, that looks a vibrant blueish green because of the dispersion of color. Montana, heated, hexagon cut. Measures 3.4 x 3.8 x 2.2 mm.
- MS33 - 0.22 ct green and blue hexagon cut Montana sapphire. Heated for color. Measures 3.8 x 3.5 x 2.2 mm.
- MS34 - 0.23 ct deep blue and green Montana sapphire with hexagon cut. Heated. Measures 3.6 x 4 x 2.3 mm.
- MS35 - 0.33 ct unique bicolor hexagon sapphire with different shades of blue. Heated. Measures 4.6 x 4.0 x 2.6 mm.
- MS36 - 0.53 ct light green and Montana blue hexagon sapphire. Heated, measures 4.7 x 5.2 x 3 mm.
- MS37 - 0.37 ct yellow hexagon sapphire with some blue around the girdle and a defined black pepper inclusion. Heated. Measures 4.2 x 4.2 x 2.7 mm.
- MS38 - 0.32 ct deep mermaid blue sapphire. Hexagon cut, Montana mined, heated, measures 4 x 4 x 2.5 mm.
- MS39 - 0.34 ct wonderful green octagon sapphire from Montana. Heated, measures 4.1 x 4.1 x 2.6 mm.
- MS40 - 0.56 ct asscher cut blue Montana sapphire. Heated for color, measures 4.4 x 4.4 x 2.9 mm.
- MS41 - 0.70 ct heavily included icy sapphire from Montana, with some wicked copper colored needles. Heated, measures 5.24 x 5.24 x 3.71 mm.
- MS42 - 1.40 ct octagon cut bicolor Montana sapphire in a soft grayish blue with crazy streaks of golden orange and copper needles. Heated, measures 5.1 x 5.8 x 4.6 mm
The latest addition, unheated:
- MS43 - 1.38 ct, measures 6.82 x 4.92 x 4.23 mm, an opulent flash of yellow dashes through this lush minty sapphire, scissor cut to show of its unique coloring as it glistens on every side under the sun.
- MS44 - 0.42 ct, measures 4.62 x 4.08 x 3.00 mm, a cut of the beach blue sky is frozen just for you in this emerald cut sapphire. A playful sweetheart overflowing with love.
- MS45 - 0.47 ct, measures 4.89 x 3.47 x 3.30 mm, confidence owned, not gained. This blue sapphire understands what it means to be comfortable in its own skin.
MS46 - 0.45 ct, measures 4.94 x 4.08 x 2.73 mm,ice, ice baby. This cool cat is a statement and a half, out to conquer the world.
- MS47 - 0.51 ct, measures 4.11 x 4.04 x 3.42 mm, twinkle and a wink, a mischievous presence that just wants to have fun, and will remind you to just let loose.
- MS48 - 0.44 ct, measures 4.46 x 4.06 x 2.82 mm, this emerald cut sapphire is sweet and soft, like a lazy day spent in a cocoon of blankets and pillows.
- MS49 - 0.48 ct, measures 4.49 x 4.15 x 2.90 mm, a true blue bestie of a sapphire, fiercely loyal and stunning to boot. Perfect for that dream ring you want to wear forever.
- MS50 - 0.54 ct, measures 4.96 x 3.71 x 3.14 mm, sunshine filtered through a calm sea, this light blue sapphire is still waters and serenity.
- MS51 - 0.76 ct, measures 6.10 x 4.30 x 3.80 mm, elegantly flirtatious, this elongated hexagon shaped cyan Montana sapphire is just oozing with charm. Turning heads 180 degrees will just be another Monday.
- MS52 - 0.68 ct, measures 6.40 x 4.33 x 3.04 mm, a swirl of blue ink in water, this Montana sapphire is bursting with creativity. With a bubble floating towards the surface. It might be an imperfection, it might be a gem of an idea.
- MS53 - 0.53 ct, measures 6.50 x 3.56 x 2.35 mm, fractured fever dreams are just begging to be put together in this emerald cut Montana sapphire. Brilliantly blue and deliciously dark.
- MS54 - 0.60 ct, measures 6.11 x 3.73 x 2.92 mm, a hexagon cut Montana sapphire that brings on lazy summer memories rolling down grassy slopes, colored like grass stains on your favourite pair of faded jeans.