Let us help you design and build an ethical sapphire ring for the woman of your dreams. If you are reading this, it probably means that it's important to both of you that the symbol of love and commitment she carries for the rest of her life has been ethically made and sourced.
Your ring will be lovingly handcrafted by skilled artisans in Java, Indonesia and is made to order with the sapphire of your choice in around 6 to 8 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the sapphire
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance. A basket setting is a type of prong setting, but with a little difference when viewed from the side or profile. The prongs will rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone is set.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.6 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.2 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. We mix this gold ourselves, in-house. There may be minor color variants between rings, as the gold we receive from the miners also has small variations in level of refinement and still contain some trace metals.
- PCS-01 – 0.21 ct, measures 3.5 x 3.5 x 2.3 mm, a dusky purple round cut sapphire that is sleepy soft. Pair it with dreamy Yogo sapphires and sink into its relaxing presence. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-02 – 0.30 ct, measures 4.8 x 3.3 x 2.4 mm, a stunning oval cut sapphire that is slightly egg-shaped. Clear and bold, and ready to conquer the world. Pair it with daring salt and pepper diamonds for some added spice. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-03 – 0.32 ct, measures 3.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 mm, a sweet princess of a gem, this cloudy light purple round cut sapphire may not demand to be pampered, but you'll want to do it anyway. Pair it with a white gold band to bring it some clarity. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-04 – 0.34 ct, measures 4.2 x 4.2 x 2.6 mm, a lightly tinted pink sapphire with a love of sugar and spice, and everything nice. Pair it with salt and pepper diamonds to give some edge and set it in a yellow gold band. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-06 – 0.40 ct, measures 4.4 x 4.4 x 2.6 mm, a violet round cut sapphire that is bursting with energy. Bind it with yellow gold and pair it with Yogo sapphire for a statement piece that will lift your spirits. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-07 – 0.57 ct, measures 5.5 x 4.7 x 2.7 mm, red and purple flash in this oval cut sapphire. A passionate stone that loves to create cannot be confined, let it burn free and consume your soul. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-08 – 0.58 ct, measures 5.4 x 4.2 x 2.8 mm, a galaxy of pinks and purples, this oval cut sapphire will whisper the wisdom of the night sky. Slightly chipped on one end that can be hidden in a bezel setting. Pair it with a Yogo sapphire to have the ultimate dance of the stars on your fingers. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-10 – 0.76 ct, measures 5.3 x 4.9 x 2.9 mm, an intensely pink cushion cut sapphire that is marked with black in one corner. A lover of imperfections, and embracer of quirks. Perfect for a bold and beautiful soul. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-11 – 0.83 ct, measures 5.8 x 4.7 x 3.1 mm, a cushion cut sapphire that flashes purple with some black inclusions. Pair it with Yogo sapphires to bring out its intensity. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-12 – 0.90 ct, measures 5.94 x 5.94 x 3.47 mm, an unheated round cut ruby from Tanzania that is pink and purple and has black pepper inclusions sprinkled throughout the stone, like a secret confetti party. Cut by Abraham Gomez, this is stone with a story to tell. Looks good with any gold, and could imagine it with some colorful stones on the side to encourage its voice.
- PCS-13 – 0.91 ct, measures 6.4 x 4.3 x 3.2 mm, an oval cut bicolored sapphire that boasts clarity in its pink and purple ones. An imp with a mission to fulfill, bind it with a rose gold band to make sure it doesn't run away from you. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.