Let us help you design and build an ethical sapphire ring for the woman of your dreams. If you are reading this, it probably means that it's important to both of you that the symbol of love and commitment she carries for the rest of her life has been ethically made and sourced.
Now the design...
Select your fave sapphire from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the stone
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- Prongs only; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, without any additional support or security.
- Wire basket prongs; The prongs rise up from the base of the ring, with a thin wire around halfway at the pavillion (underside) of the stone for extra support.
- Basket prongs; The prongs rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone or diamond is set. This offers more security, but can look bulkier than prongs only, especially when the stone has a higher profile.
Number of prongs:
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off over time. It wears off faster around the areas that get most wear, in this case, the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance than a white gold bezel, or than yellow or rose gold prongs.
If you choose an irregular shaped sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.6 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.2 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your sapphire ring will bemade to order with the pink sapphire of your choice inaround 8 to 10 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders. Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? If you have any questions, smart or stupid, hit up info@GardensoftheSun.com.
Need some more help?
Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
- PCS-01 – 0.21 ct, measures 3.5 x 3.5 x 2.3 mm, a dusky purple round cut sapphire that is sleepy soft. Pair it with dreamy Yogo sapphires and sink into its relaxing presence. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-02 – 0.30 ct, measures 4.8 x 3.3 x 2.4 mm, a stunning oval cut sapphire that is slightly egg-shaped. Clear and bold, and ready to conquer the world. Pair it with daring salt and pepper diamonds for some added spice. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-03 – 0.32 ct, measures 3.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 mm, a sweet princess of a gem, this cloudy light purple round cut sapphire may not demand to be pampered, but you'll want to do it anyway. Pair it with a white gold band to bring it some clarity. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-04 – 0.34 ct, measures 4.2 x 4.2 x 2.6 mm, a lightly tinted pink sapphire with a love of sugar and spice, and everything nice. Pair it with salt and pepper diamonds to give some edge and set it in a yellow gold band. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-06 – 0.40 ct, measures 4.4 x 4.4 x 2.6 mm, a violet round cut sapphire that is bursting with energy. Bind it with yellow gold and pair it with Yogo sapphire for a statement piece that will lift your spirits. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-07 – 0.57 ct, measures 5.5 x 4.7 x 2.7 mm, red and purple flash in this oval cut sapphire. A passionate stone that loves to create cannot be confined, let it burn free and consume your soul. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-08 – 0.58 ct, measures 5.4 x 4.2 x 2.8 mm, a galaxy of pinks and purples, this oval cut sapphire will whisper the wisdom of the night sky. Slightly chipped on one end that can be hidden in a bezel setting. Pair it with a Yogo sapphire to have the ultimate dance of the stars on your fingers. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-10 – 0.76 ct, measures 5.3 x 4.9 x 2.9 mm, an intensely pink cushion cut sapphire that is marked with black in one corner. A lover of imperfections, and embracer of quirks. Perfect for a bold and beautiful soul. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-11 – 0.83 ct, measures 5.8 x 4.7 x 3.1 mm, a cushion cut sapphire that flashes purple with some black inclusions. Pair it with Yogo sapphires to bring out its intensity. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS-12 – 0.90 ct, measures 5.94 x 5.94 x 3.47 mm, an unheated round cut ruby from Tanzania that is pink and purple and has black pepper inclusions sprinkled throughout the stone, like a secret confetti party. Cut by Abraham Gomez, this is stone with a story to tell. Looks good with any gold, and could imagine it with some colorful stones on the side to encourage its voice.
- PCS-13 – 0.91 ct, measures 6.4 x 4.3 x 3.2 mm, an oval cut bicolored sapphire that boasts clarity in its pink and purple ones. An imp with a mission to fulfill, bind it with a rose gold band to make sure it doesn't run away from you. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
- PCS14 0.83 ct - measures 6.6 x 5.0 mm
- PCS15 1.78 ct - measures 8.0 x 7.0 mm