Let us help you design and build an ethical sapphire ring for the woman of your dreams. If you are reading this, it probably means that it's important to both of you that the symbol of love and commitment she carries for the rest of her life has been ethically made and sourced.Your ring will be lovingly handcrafted by skilled artisans in Java, Indonesia.
Now the design...
Select your fave citrine from our gemstone vault, to build your custom dream ring.
This dream is yours to design. Over to you now.
- Classic bezel setting with gold all the way around the sapphire
- Open bezel setting, which goes around the girdle (edges) of the sapphire, but exposes the culet (the bottom) of the stone
- 4 prongs compass, positioned North, East, South and West
- 4 prongs in the corners
- 5 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
- 6 prongs (recommended only for stones over 5 mm)
Our white gold is rhodium plated, and the rhodium plating tends to wear off the prongs. So white gold prongs need more care and maintenance. A basket setting is a type of prong setting, but with a little difference when viewed from the side or profile. The prongs will rise up from a base or 'basket' into which the gemstone is set. If you choose an irregular shaped green sapphire, we can send you sketches to see some prong placement options, and you can request to position the stone horizontal or vertical.
- Half round band, flat on the inside and rounded on the outside, for a comfortable fit. Around 1.6 mm wide. Can be engraved.
- Round band, this band tends to spin more and is not recommend if your knuckles are wider than the part of your finger where the ring sits. Around 1.2 mm wide. No engraving possible.
Additional small stones in the band:
- Plain band, no additional diamonds
- Small sparkling white Canadian diamonds (G-H color, SI clarity) - you choose how many
- Small salt and pepper diamonds (you choose how many)
Additional stones on the side with bezel or 3-prong setting:
- Salt and pepper diamonds around 2.5 mm
- Purplish blue Yogo sapphires from Montana, around 2-2.5 mm
- Soft peachy pink spinels in high quality pentagon cut. With their unusual cuts this makes for a unique three stone ring!
The final price will be automatically adjusted depending on the stones and design you choose.
Engraving is on us!
We offer complimentary hand engraving up to 24 characters on the inside of your gold sapphire ring to personalize it even more. This is only possible for half round bands, as the round bands are too dainty, and can be selected in the dropdown menu.
Our signature ethical gold
We use 18 karat eco-gold, which is mined and processed with traditional, mercury-free low-impact practices by indigenous Dayak women in Central Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, who receive fair pay. Our white gold is rhodium plated.
We're making this for you, from scratch
Your custom sapphire ring will bemade to order with the green sapphire of your choice inaround 6 to 8 weeks. You'll receive a photo before we ship it out. The price is for one finished ring in 18 karat eco gold.
Since your ring will be made especially for you, we don’t accept returns on custom orders. Want some guidance on the design, or a mock-up before taking the plunge? If you have any questions, smart or stupid, hit up info@GardensoftheSun.com.
Need some more help?
Our customer happiness team is pretty awesome! Email them or use the chat box.
GRS-02 – 0.52 ct, measures 4.9 x 4.9 x 2.9 mm, a deep blue round cut sapphire that twinkles like a lush night in the midst of nature. Set it deep in a bezel setting and a white gold band to bring a slice of the night sky wherever you go. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
GRS-03 – 0.53 ct, measures 4.9 x 4.9 x 2.7 mm, a bubbling brook blue round cut sapphire that is spring fresh all year around. A happy little stone that will remind you to take a deep breath and appreciate the moment. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
GRS-04 – 0.58 ct, measures 5.7 x 4 x 2.9 mm, an antique glass green that shimmers with lighter shades of blue, this oval cut sapphire is an optimistic old soul that lived through humanity's greatest triumphs, and believes we are all destined for more. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
GRS-05 – 0.55 ct, measures 5.1 x 5.1 x 3.0 mm, a slice of nature is preserved forever in this dreamy pale green round cut sapphire. Pair it with some salt and pepper diamonds and set it in a rose gold band for a stand out piece that will get people talking. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka.
GRS-06 – 0.59 ct, measures 4.6 x 4.6 x 3.1 mm, a lush green cushion cut stunner of a sapphire. A forest dryad here to greet you. Pair it with Yogo sapphires in a rose gold band for a play of colors that will make your fingers want to dance. Cut in Bangkok under supervision of Jeffery Davies.
GRS-07 – 0.57 ct, measures 5.5 x 4.1 x 3.4 mm, a precision oval cut untreated sapphire from Tanzania, cut by @thebeardedgemcutter. A heartbreakingly lovely piece of captures magic, longing for a partner in life. Pair it with a gold band for some instant enchantment.
GRS-08 – 0.79 ct, measures 8.5 x 4.3 x 3.2 mm, flashes of a tree transitioning to autumn, this marquise cut sapphire glints and glimmers with greens and gold. Pair it with a yellow gold band for gold that will stay forever. Mined in Tanzania’s Umba valley, then heated. Cut by @thebeardedgemcutter.
GRS-09 – 0.82 ct, measures 5.34 x 5.34 x 3.78 mm, a round cut untreated sapphire that toes the lines between green and yellow. Dancing in between in playful twirls. Bring out its warmer tones and shine a spotlight on this entrancing performer with a yellow gold band. Mined in the Songea region in Tanzania.
GRS-10 – 1.03 ct, measures 6.9 x 5.2 x 3.3 mm, an inquisitive glass colored oval cut sapphire. Mined and cut in Sri Lanka. A splash of pepper can be found nestled in one of its curves. Encourage it to embrace its chic side with salt and pepper diamonds and a white gold band.
- GRS-11 – 0.47 ct, measures 4.2 x 3 mm, a VS round cut, natural yellow and greenish-blue sapphire, from Australia that has been heated. This delicate mossy sapphire gives a sweet, subtle twinkle that will make you coo. Add on small diamonds in the band to bring out its shine.
- GRS-12 – 0.53 ct, measures 6.2 x 4 mm, a pear cut, natural yellowish green sapphire, hailing from Tanzania that has been heated. A clear light moss, that lives between the edge of spring and summer. Perfect for a dainty ethical gold ring.
- GRS-13 – 0.62 ct, measures 6 x 3.8 mm, a pear cut, natural and unheated green sapphire from Songea, Tanzania. Sweet and dainty, like a darling little bud ready to sprout into something wonderful. Add on some peachy spinels for a perfect spring day.
- GRS14 – 1.09 ct, measures 6.5 x 6 mm, an irregular hexagon cut, natural greenish-purple sapphire that is unheated and untreated. Watch the way the colors shift sinuously under the caress of light. A sensuous and seductive sapphire.
- GRS-15 – 1.14 ct, measures 7.5 x 6 mm, a VS pentagon cut natural greenish-blue sapphire from Tanzania that is unheated. A stunning shade of gorgeous, deep enough to dazzle but light enough as to not overwhelm. A unique centerpiece for an ethical dream ring.
- GRS-16 – 1.08 ct, measures 6.6 x 6.2 mm, an irregular hexagon cut sapphire, a natural greenish-purple color that is unheated and untreated. A mellow, dusky shade. Pair with embedded salt and pepper diamonds for an elegant but quirky ring.
- GRS-17 – 1.01 ct, measures 8.2 x 5 mm, a VS pear cut natural bluish-green sapphire from Tanzania, both unheated and untreated. A lovely moody stone that hints at a rich story you need to coax out. Pair it with salt and pepper diamonds in the band for a ring that’s not afraid of the dark.
- GRS-18 – 1.14 ct, measures 8 x 5 x 2.7 mm, a quirky VC fancy cut natural tricolor sapphire from Tanzania. A coffin-esque cut that flashes purple, green, and yellow depending on how the light hits it. A mystery to be solved by the adventurous soul who will take it home.
- GRS-19 – 1.06 ct, measures 10.5 x 5.5 mm, an extra clear VVS pentagon cut natural unheated greenish-blue sapphire. Sharp and stunning, resembling the head of a spear. The perfect stone for a bespoke gold sapphire ring that’s fit for a warrior.
- GRS-20 – 1.96 ct, measures 8.5 x 6.3 mm, a pear cut natural unheated greenish blue sapphire from Madagascar. A clear light mossy color that’s streaked with forest green in the middle. Pair with white diamonds in the band for a Secret Garden vibe ring. A fitting stone for literature lovers.
- GRS-21 – 1.76 ct, measures 6.5 x 6.3 4.8 mm, a generously curved bottom makes this round cut sapphire from Tanzania look extra stunning. A late summer shade of green that’s ready to find out what colors the coming months will bring to it.
- GRS-22 – 1.29 ct, measures 6.3 x 5.8 x 4 mm, a heart-stopping VVS oval cut natural yellowish-green heated sapphire that steps over the line from daylight into the night. A lush, dark shade of moss green, rich with the smell of petrichor.
- GRS-23 – 1.15 ct, measures 7.4 x 5 mm, a spring fresh, a bright VS pear cut natural heated green sapphire. Fresh and citrusy, like your favorite memory of summer. Pair it with a peach-colored spinel for a gorgeous sun-loving ring.
- GRS-24 – 1.04 ct, measures 8.2 x 6.5 mm, a very special VVS pentagon cut sapphire with stunning clarity. Natural greenish-blue and unheated, hailing from Tanzania. Resembling a cartoon diamond in its shape, celebrate its cheeky nature with embedded diamonds in the band.
- GRS-25 – 2.44 ct, measures 8.1 x 4.5, a regal grey tinged moss-colored oval cut sapphire, unheated from Songea, Tanzania. Somber and wise, and ready to anchor you in its wisdom. This sapphire will make a heart-stopping ethical gold ring.
- GRS-26 – 1.65 ct, measures 9 x 6.2 x 3.5 mm, a soft, dusky pear cut sapphire from Songea, Tanzania. Unheated, this softly mossy colored sapphire appears purple-tinted under certain light. A perfect companion for a chameleon who has a thousand smiles to greet the world.